Na then

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
Hope my 1st post doesn't sound too stupid :lol: I thought my survival skills were pretty decent, after doing many years in the forces and taken part in many special forces courses on the subject, but some of the stuff I have learnt here and on AZBushcraft have been absolutely cracking. I'm pretty much an armchair bushcrafter and would probably make a real ar5e of myself if I met any of you. :lol:

However, I was really interested in the Bushcraft meet that will be taking place in Wiltshire later in the year and would love to go to such an event. However, being on my jollies when the event is taking place I wondered if there was anything close by the Yorkshire region?

I have taught my son some useful stuff, re; knives, axe's etc and how to use them, his camping skills are pretty decent as well! I would really like to go further in bushcraft but without paying a fortune in fee's for courses promted my question to meetup's closer to my home in Yorkshire.

Cheers all

Simon

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Howdy and welcome Simon :)

Just keep an eye out on the social and meet up section but remember that no-one knows everything and everyone is forever learning so there's no need for any embarrassment :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
HI Simon and welcome to bushcraft uk, it's good to have you. It sounds like you've been having a good look about which is the way to go, if you've any questions then ask away.

We're all learning and there's always someone that can do it better :D see you about the site, enjoy.
;)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
A warm welcome to BCUK :D

I'm pretty much an armchair bushcrafter and would probably make a real ar5e of myself if I met any of you.

Dont worry about that .... just be open minded, willing to learn new ways of doing things and of course ask lots of questions ..... even if they seem stupid to you, you can bet someone else wants to know but is too afraid to ask for fear of looking stupid.

Feel free to get stuck into the forum and ask away ....

:D
Ed

Mang

Settler
I've learned so many little things on here, not only posting but dredging through old threads/ how to features etc. I've started a favourites folder of the best ones as my own library.

I have taught my son some useful stuff, re; knives, axe's etc and how to use them, his camping skills are pretty decent as well! I would really like to go further in bushcraft

There's a Scout section near you with your name on!

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
I've learned so many little things on here, not only posting but dredging through old threads/ how to features etc. I've started a favourites folder of the best ones as my own library.

There's a Scout section near you with your name on!

Aye, he's already in the scouts and loves it. Wev'e been out together (just me and the lad) camping and used traditional skills, fires, etc. Iv'e taught him the respect for the cutting tools he uses and how to look after them. I am also trying to teach him the respect for the environment around and how to only take enough to sustain his lifestyle. I'm going to invest in a couple of tarps and hammocks to minimise the equipment we use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE