My One Handed Spoon!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Very good job indeed goodjob. I sliced a bit of skin off the end of my thumb the other day, and it makes it dang difficult to do anything! A couple of the men I teach wood work to, (I work as a woodwork instructor) are paralysed on one side, and it takes ingenuity and determination on their part but they manage to produce some pretty decent work, carvings and wood turnings for example. It also forced me to think "one handed" when teaching.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hahaha you made me laugh sir!

I wont worry if a group of angry men head my way....I have a cannon

After reading your reply Eric and the one above from Night Phoenix, perhaps you' may be right :lmao: Yes I can dream too. :D

Glad my reply made you laugh Night Pheonix. I mentioned what I'd written to SWMBO over dinner tonight and she was horrified and hoped you had a sense of humour else I'd have to do some serious explaining and apologising.

I can't help wondering but the hand that still works properly, is that your writing hand? I mean, I'm right-handed and I know if I injured that hand I'd have the devils own job cleaning my teeth let alone carving something with my left hand.
My left hand spent 6 weeks in plaster after I sliced the tendon in my thumb in an utterly stoopid accident with my leatherman tool and a biker rally. So I know what working one-handed feels like but by the sounds of things yours was a LOT worse.

Heal fast Lady.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
my god if i cant carve two handed cos i am all fingers and thumbs how in gods universe am i ment to compete with a woman who does it one handed. then again maybe my mum had it right when she said the best man for the job is always a woman

Very good job indeed goodjob. I sliced a bit of skin off the end of my thumb the other day, and it makes it dang difficult to do anything! A couple of the men I teach wood work to, (I work as a woodwork instructor) are paralysed on one side, and it takes ingenuity and determination on their part but they manage to produce some pretty decent work, carvings and wood turnings for example. It also forced me to think "one handed" when teaching.

I went on your blog and saw some of your work , impressive :)

After reading your reply Eric and the one above from Night Phoenix, perhaps you' may be right :lmao: Yes I can dream too. :D

Glad my reply made you laugh Night Pheonix. I mentioned what I'd written to SWMBO over dinner tonight and she was horrified and hoped you had a sense of humour else I'd have to do some serious explaining and apologising.

I can't help wondering but the hand that still works properly, is that your writing hand? I mean, I'm right-handed and I know if I injured that hand I'd have the devils own job cleaning my teeth let alone carving something with my left hand.
My left hand spent 6 weeks in plaster after I sliced the tendon in my thumb in an utterly stoopid accident with my leatherman tool and a biker rally. So I know what working one-handed feels like but by the sounds of things yours was a LOT worse.

Heal fast Lady.

Hehe, well maybe i will pretend i have no sense of humour just to watch you appologise :p
Sounds nasty what you did to your thumb :S. To cut a long story short what happened was well, i pretty much allmost got my finger cut clean off at the knuckle, through the extensor tendon and knuckle, was literally hanging by a thread. Its sewn back on now but is still an annoyance. It provided for unexpected amusement including a love song I wrote to my finger :D Hehe

Biker

Ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hmmm perhaps she's not then Eric :lmao:

Night Pheonix, that accident sounds nasty, mine wasn't anywhere near that bad. Just one of those oops slips with a sharp knife which turned out to be more serious than first thought. Still aches ten years later mostly it seems when I'm working on leather stuff such as sheaths. gripping the needle etc probably strains it.

But you'll find this out but I sincerely hope not.

Anyway get well soon, one day you'll be able to point to far off places with total confidence.

As for pretending to have no sence of humour, too late given your reply above. I did laugh at that. Conjured up feral cavewoman images snarling at the bloke wearing the pith helmet and safari suit.

Hmmm perhaps she's not then Eric :lmao:

Night Pheonix, that accident sounds nasty, mine wasn't anywhere near that bad. Just one of those oops slips with a sharp knife which turned out to be more serious than first thought. Still aches ten years later mostly it seems when I'm working on leather stuff such as sheaths. gripping the needle etc probably strains it.

But you'll find this out but I sincerely hope not.

Anyway get well soon, one day you'll be able to point to far off places with total confidence.

As for pretending to have no sence of humour, too late given your reply above. I did laugh at that. Conjured up feral cavewoman images snarling at the bloke wearing the pith helmet and safari suit.

Hehe I rather like that image. Problem with being bushcraft betty is that she seems a bit incompetant :p

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
i just injured my hand today in a sawing accident, silky pocket boy slipped out of some cherry i was cutting and gave me a very nasty cut where the thumb meets the hand on my lefty. its been glued back together and buried under steri-strips and bandages by some lovely nurses, but i cant do much with that hand untill the bandages come off. i dont think i'll be able to carve anything quite like that but i'll give it a try :p

Biker

Hehe I rather like that image. Problem with being bushcraft betty is that she seems a bit incompetant :p

Hmm good point, thing is I want her to be a sort of educational tool as well as something to smile at, since a majority of jokes involve slapstick of one form or another it's hard not to make her a bit incompetant, but she's no thumb-fingered ditzy blonde bimbo that's for sure. No offense intended Lady.

TJRoots OUCH! Get well soon mate.

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
cheers biker, bloody thing came open again today and bled everywhere so i had to get it re-dressed. its such a pain in the beehive having injuries like this.

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
well here's my attempt at a one handed spoon, pretty crap compared to yours night phoenix, plus it made me bleed again :(

made it out of a hat-stand, its either beech or hornbeam, i think its hornbeam cause i've never seen beech as hard as that stuff was.

DSC00223.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE