my kuksa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
Cricey! Thats lovely! Well done!

It has proberbly got a split because it dried out too fast. A mistake many people make i think. The way to slow down the drying process is to put your work inside an open plastic or paper bag for a couple of weeks or so until dry.

Other than that, its great! I love the shape! especially the handle! Must have taken a while!

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Nice work, real shame about the split. I seem to remember someone recommending boiling in salt water to stop splitting.
Maybe you could fill the split with a glue and sawdust mixture?

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Lovely work, Lupus. If you have some of the same wood left over and the split is relatively wide, you could try to make a very fine sliver and fit it in the split, glueing it with superglue. Otherwise superglue should fill the split as it's a very thin glue it gets in the smallest gap.

If you already have treated it you may have to try to sand inside the split with afine sand paper, wet&dry etc to clean it a bit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE