My first 'solo'...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Well, apart from the time I tried out a new single skin tent on my own about 30 minutes from the car in the Lakes once I have yet to really do a proper solo. So nice one, looks good.

It does look like I will be on my own for a week up in Knoydart in a month or so's time. For me that is adventurous. Going to a totally new area, for a full week, on my own and its somewhere as wild as the roiugh bounds of Knoydart!! Not offering odds on me chickening out and spending it on my own patch in the Lakes.

Anyone done much solo stuff somewhere as out of the way (for Britain) as Knoydart?

TBL - Nice one for coming over to our side. Its nicer on the ground, closer to nature!! Nice kit too. Where you get your tarp from? looks about a 2.4 x 1.5m tarp to me but could be wrong. Actually a second look makes me thing it is a hammock style of tarp in the diamond shape. DD? Hennessey? How heavy? Sorry, gear freak looking for a new UL tarp that's smaller thanmy 8' square one.

Paul, I was in Knoydart back in November with some of the guys I work with. Despite being remote the area is quite easy to travel through as it has a good paths and stalkers tracks. Suprisingly it can actually be quite busy (relatively) and the Bothies full in the summer, not that thats a bad thing bringing some money to the area. It was pretty quiet in November mind:

Nov10Ed005-2.jpg

Nov10Ed002.jpg

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Nice one. Strange as it may seem I have spent many solo nights on mountains but never in the woods. I once went to some local woods for a stealth camp I got set up but could heae voices, from where, I dont know. Big confession time I bottled it and left bit of a wuss I guess but something put me on edge and I could not settle then even though I tried.
Bit like Raikey said about the difference between hammocks and ground dwelling, I feel more at home solo in the hills.

I must try and do it though.

Thanks for posting.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE