My first fire by friction.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Andy,IMO, thats a little bit of an understatement!

Flying cartwheels and beaming, idiot grins; are more usually the order of the day.

Well done, fellah :You_Rock_

Ceeg

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Well done Andy!

I chuckled looking at the pic and your still blowing away even though the nest has burst into flame :D (or were you blowing on you singed fingers :lmao: ).

What kit did you use to achieve this?

Nice one mate.

Matt.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
nice one mate
i havent tryed fire by friction yet but fenlander said he would teach me so hopefully i will be posting pictures of it soon
well done

andy_scouser

Nov 29, 2005
Ormskirk
stop blowing i know, but the photo was just at the point where it lit.... it came from nowhere ;)

100% beech and para 550 i think was the order of the day. Only my 2nd real attempt with good paracord. long action, when you think you cant bow any more, give it another 10..... relax with the ember, let it develop, then nurse it in the tinder :)

cheers all

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
I find it really satisfying every time I make a coal with the bow drill. The very first time was definitely a singing, shouting, and dancing moment for me. It's a goooood feeling isn't it?

Well done that man!

F

Freds Dad

The first time I did it I was not expecting it to work so had not made a nest of gras and stuff to lightit. i was in my back yard so got my 6 year old son to get me some kitchen paper, this I soon got smouldering and carted it burning through the house to show my wife. She was not pleased as it stunk the house out and set off the smoke alarms. I was chuffed too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE