my bushcraft youtube videos

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
Like your fire starting vids. They remind me all to well of some of my own attempts, nice change from the fire by friction vids where the fire starts after two strokes from the bow. When you struggle to start a fire with a pack of matches and a can of lighter fluid that's real fun :-(

In passing, and I know this is probably heresy, and a rather 'extreme' measure to take in that it chews up the firesteel and probably doesn't help the blade much, I found that using the blade edge produces better sparks than the back.

If you want some real fun with fire starting, get yourself a set of John's Fenna's Dragon's Breath!

Firebringer by name, certainly not by nature ;-)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I think you need to mabey have a rough script, not just the topic to cover but roughly what your going to say too, then practice, also I quite enjoyed your approch to the kit, it's true enough things don't work first time, but if your presenting an instructional video, i think a bit more thought into the selection of materials used, Your camera work might flow better if you use single shots then edit them together, if you take the bit where you explain how to chop by holding the axe against the wood, instead of zooming out with the remote, try to get to a point,cut, close shot,cut, wide shot.plan these into your script.work on your to camera confidence, your talking to me the viewer so look me in the eyes if you get what i mean. good stuff though.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2010
liverpool
one other thing guys i have a facebook page called pignut bishcraft that i just started and im hoping to start orgonising events threw it in the next cupple of months. so if your interested take a look at it. i will also be posting links to articals and things of that nature that i thing you people migt be interested

thanks again guys

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I agree. "Pignut bushcraft" will get shortened to "Pignut" which will cause even more problems!
can I suggest what we're all thinking but not saying...a name change?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Firstly, welcome to the site :D

Maybe on here it would be an idea if you changed it for ease of us being able to recognise who were talking with on the forums, Pignut has been around a long time and it really would get confusing. Drop me a PM with an alternative you'd like and I'll change your username ;)

Also i note that you're looking at this from a commercial aspect so please make sure you're familiar with the rules and regs.

good luck with it all

Last edited:

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
My grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's where in jest folks, this is an open forum, and the user name was free. So crack on
And all the best!!................. also thanks for the support folks! Just what the doctor ordered!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE