My Bushcraft Projects

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fjefman

Jun 24, 2007
guildford
With all the rain we've had recently I've had plenty of time to work on a few projects. Here are some of my spoons, spatulas, axe sheath, wych elm bark ready to be dunked in the river for cordage and elm stave for future pow. Still need to oil the cutlery and get some pics of my new hand made bowsaw. I'll also post a start to finish selection of the large spoon as soon as I finish it.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaMWjZi2YtmK4

Enjoy,

Jeff

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Love the axe sheath.

47b7d934b3127cce98548ebf688a00000027108AaMWjZi2Ytn

Is it leather or rawhide?

Eric

fjefman

Jun 24, 2007
guildford
Wow! thats all great stuff! I particually like the cuttelry and i really like the fork!

Really like the axe sheath too. Looks like it fits like a glove! Keep it up!:beerchug:

Thanks for the comments. Funny you mention the fork.. it is my least favorite. First time I carved one and never really looked at the shape before. I feel this one looks like a four prong Neptune's trident, not a fork. I was just handed a few chunks of apple tree so when that seasons up a bit I'll carve some stuff out of it.

For the shealth I stared at the pic of the "30 minute axe mask" that was posted a few weeks ago (sorry, can't remember the maker). Mine took about 90 minutes but was really easy. It is made from brown dyed cowhide. Got a bit piece of it last time I was in the states. Wanted to try my hand at a knife sheath but after making this I realize I need better tools..and some thread. Will give it a go as soon as I scroung up those bits. Also, maybe this weekend I'll put together a brief tutorial on the axe sheath and on the larger spoon.. have pics of that from the very beginning.

Jeff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE