My basket collection

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Jon, I think you have far to much spare time on your hands.. :D Or quite possibly too much talent...

Cheers,

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK Jon - I am forced to conclude two things.....
(1) There is no God...he would never put SOooooo much talent into one person and leave those like me struggling...
(2) I will have to kill you...

I have just finished my Bramble "Basket" following your original tutorial...
The tutorial is very clear and easy to follow and I have learned one heck of a lot about bramble selection and handling for basketry uses..and also how MUCH it takes to make one bucket sized basket...and how easy it is to end up with something (although "functional") that is , how should I put it, "interesting to look at".:eek:
At least it raises a laugh!
No, I will not be taking photos of it - but it may get seen at Meets and Moots...you will know where I am from the loud laughter of passers-by....

Respect my friend - you are a mighty talented maker...and so b****y young too.
Taint fair! - but more strength to you!

T

The jatsman

I am starting to see what someone else meant when they said they hate coming on this site, I have been looking round for a wicker basket to keep my kindling in, on the hearth of my new log burner, and then I look in here and now I'm thinking of making one and a log store too. I love this site.

That last basket you made would look fantastic on my hearth, I'm off to look at your tutorial.

jon r

Native
Apr 7, 2006
England, midlands
www.jonsbushcraft.com
You can make a bag much the same as making a basket. use soft material like string or bark fibres. Start off by crossing the fibres over in the centre to make the spokes and then twine arround. to keep the bag flat on the bottom you'll need to add in a lot of spokes and then when you want to make the sides just stop adding in spokes and twine arround and arround leaving about an inch between each line of twining. so you are effectively just twining arround the bad in a continuous spiral

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE