Mummy Sleeping Bag Hood Question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Barnsley (in Gods Own County)
Ok, this might seem like a daft question but I'm uncomfortable in my new sleeping bag.

Traditionally I have always slept in a mummy bag and used the hood done up tighly around my face. I find it really comfortable and warm. Recently I decided my summer bag was getting a but thin (17 year old Vango 350) and I bought a Highlander Phantom (my winter bag is an highlander echo 350 and its really comfortable). The hood section on the Phantom seems to be quite small and possibly designed just to go around the neck. Therefore when I try putting it around my face its quite low down (obscures my eyes) and is quite uncomfortable.

The bit that is confusing me is that its essentially the same shape as my Echo 350 and thats really comfortable when I have the hood up around my face.

Am I using these bags correctly? I know its a basic question but its driving me nuts trying to work out where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Craig.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE