Mr Mears in demand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrubcutter

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2008
Dorset

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...cks-rival-'showman'-Bear-Grylls.html#continue
to see what he says about Bear Grylls (giggle)

All the best,
Scrubbity[/QUOTE]

Without wishing to start another avalanche of invective against our 'Adventurous Teddy', I gather that he has got Andy Wood and the crew of Bushcraft Expeditions on board as, among other things, consultants.

It'll be interesting to see if there is any change in Bear's next series. One lives in hope!

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
He had the idea for this series while filming another: Ray Mears’ Wild Food, which was broadcast on BBC2 last year. One episode was made in Australia. “We were filming a lot with somebody called Les Hiddins, the Bush Tucker Man, who does something similar in Australia to what I do,” says Mears.

When I was much younger I always enjoyed watching Les Hiddins. And way later I discovered somebody called Ray Mears who was doing similar things Les Hiddins did. For me Les Hiddins isn’t just somebody.

Jan 20, 2008
Reigate
Yes looking forward to the new series on Sunday, having enjoyed all his work since Tracks in early 90's.

I've read the book (£10 @ Tesco) and found the chapter on Rock Art particularly interesting. Didn't appreciate the variety and antiquity. It is going to be in the last programme of the series - so perhaps he also sees it as a bit special.

Like to think RM has a sense of irony...he is pictured in the book wearing a Rolex Submariner...in one of the dryest places on the planet!

The 25th Anniversary merchandise must be selling well. Best of luck to him.

jnc

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
He's wearing the Subby cos' a fellow bushcrafter bloke Ray knows has been recommending it for years now over his walt watch. The next step is to convince Ray that cheese should be kept in his pocket and NOT the fridge.. amateur :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE