More prepare for problems - link

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Looks like they've taken a couple of extras from a SAGA advert, shoved them in a shed posing with a few boxes of groceries, and fabricated a story about it.

I expected more from the Daily Mail.....really I did. Lmao.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Can't really see the sense of stocking up your freezer when preping for "doomsday"

article-2075371-0F3145C200000578-954_634x505.jpg

Surely they can work out if it gets THAT bad the first thing to go will be the power grid.

Personally i think that having say 1 months food stocked is a wise precaution in some areas of the world.
It is far wiser to stock yourself on knowledge though, as when the freeze dried stuff runs out and the water purifier fails your screwed.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I think putting their name and picture in a national newspaper will ensure that all their neighbors will now know that they have lots of food squirreled away.

That is a big shed they have, some geese might be a better way to get themselves through a rough winter. :)

Last edited:

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
Looks like they've taken a couple of extras from a SAGA advert, shoved them in a shed posing with a few boxes of groceries, and fabricated a story about it.

I expected more from the Daily Mail.....really I did. Lmao.

All I can say is AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! well said! Ladies & gentlemen, stock your rollators and take to the hills!

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Worrying times though.

Granted they really have gone for the scaremongering slant, but it still begs the quetion what do those big bankers know that we don't? I think instead of stockpiling food we should start getting the addresses of those big bankers while the Internet still works and we eat their supplies when times get tough and when thier food's gone we eat them.

Hmm perhaps that's a bit inflammatory so if any mods feel they want to delete this posting I won't be offended.

Interesting article though. Just emailed it to a load of my friends too.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
that's barely a few weeks worth of food, and only a few days worth of wine on the practically empty rack! lamentable is what it is!

eat the rich! lol.

cheers, and.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
so a 2 day power cut and they're all defrosted. I can see the sense in stock piling a bit of the 25 year tins and some water treatment but filling a freezer seems a proper stupid approach

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Like the take by biker ;) and as for soylent green I can see that in the not to distant future.
Head for the hills just hope rabbit and pigeon are still plentiful

watatoad

Banned
Nov 27, 2011
Suffolk England
Maybe its meant as a wind up instead or an add for people to spend money at the supermarkets...hehehe

There is one thing for certain it will make a lot of people buy extra...Oh goody, goody.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE