Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Hi folks.

I'm looking for a new knife and the mora appeal to me.
For several years now I've had the woodlore wilkinson sword
With micarta handle. Recently I was using it to split some two inch thick logs and noticed that I had notched the blade about half way down it's length.

So my problem is there range is quite large and with it being my first mora I would like your thoughts and ideas which to go for

I quite like the look of the force and forest.

Cheers john

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
Some of my Mora knives. They're all very good, i find the Clipper is the one i use most.

IMG_6157.jpg

cheers,
Rob

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The Forest and Force are both excellent, but the Force just pips it because of the extra strength towards the tip.

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
It's a 105 or 106 sloyd knife blade (grand things, they are) and it does indeed look rehandled. Either that or someone got really really lucky with the bit of wood Mora used to handle it....

rcs

Forager
Jul 24, 2008
Pill
Its a 106. I thought it could be improved with a bit of Birch burl, Very nice little carver.

cheers,
Rob

nunzionuk

I like the classic wooden handle ones, just no clue where to get one.

I have two clippers, one mine, and one my daughter's, they are great, does everything I need from a knife.

The sheath is a bit of a let down, but for the price it gave me pocket change to get a leather one made.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
go for the mora 510 from the ray mears website mate, it was discontinued years ago but is still considered the best basic mora knife by alot of bushies! I got mine there and I cant fault it for my uses i.e carving,whittling,food prep etc. has a 3/4 tang too, unlike the clipper with much less tang..but with a better handle for beginners.

It's a lovely knife though, worth the £15 and hands down the best knives for the money and more!

AMK1.jpg

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Can't praise these knives enough I have a large selection of knives however when I came to give my grandson a knife at Christmas it was a "clipper" that he got, perfect shape handle for a first knife for small hands I gave him the stainless model for practicality even though I prefer carbon steel, he also got a 1lb Kent pattern axe...

This is after he had satisfied his mother and I and demonstrated he could use cutting tools responsibly whilst on our group camping trips.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE