Mora Kansbol

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
not sure what you mean CLK?

it is indeed a remake of the 2000 which I suspect they will stop making and while the forest has the same blade the handle is a completely different beast

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
not sure what you mean CLK?

it is indeed a remake of the 2000 which I suspect they will stop making and while the forest has the same blade the handle is a completely different beast

Just pointing out the similarities and differences. They will all do the same job, summit to sea.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I'm a big fan of the 2000, so I've ordered one of these. The sheath looks better, still reversible which I like, being a lefty. The handle looks a bit chunkier which might be nice.

LostViking

Jun 21, 2016
Northern Adirondacks
Rather funny. I just received this knife this week. And I was coming over here to start a thread asking you folks what you thought of. It.

But Corso beat me to the draw. Thank you sir!

I have mine and like it. I also have a 2000, and I like that as well. It is a great all round user. As stated from summit to sea. I have always found my 2000 to be a hideous color combo. I quite like the new green on the Kansbol.

I like the new handle. If for no other reason than the lanyard hole, and better color. It also has a great grip to it. Feels like an old friend.

I went with the Multi-Mount Sheath. It does offer a decent array of options. The sheath retention is way better on my Kansbol than my 2000. I think if you strung a leather thong through the drain holes on the bottom of the Kansbol's sheath it would make a decent neck knife. Especially with the extra snap retainer for added insurance.

Another thing I like about both of these is the flat smooth pommel. I use the palm of my hand to split out pencil lead size kindling from pencil size kindling. So it is nice to have a smooth surface to strike.

I think I actually like the polished surfaces of the 2000 a little better. But I may polish up the Kansbol. My grinds where the knife narrows down out front are a little off. But not overly so.

It arrived hair shaving sharp.

I don't have any photos yet. But when I do take some, I'll try and get them posted up.

I got my 2000 in a trade as a bonus to another knife. At first glance the colors made me a bit queezy. It sat for about a year, then one day I grabbed it and took it out. It does a surprisingly good job. From slicing veggies to feathersticks. Once I broke the ice and used it. It has been a constant companion. Tough enough, long enough, and stupid light. I like the low maintenance aspect of it. Especially in my wet, cold, Adirondack forests.

I was both surprised and pleased when I saw that a thread was already started about this knife, and started today in fact. So far I am pleased with my Kansbol. I think it is what More advertises it to be. A great all purpose blade.

Overall, so far. I am pleased with my purchase of this knife. It is more expensive than the 2000. But the Multi-Mount Sheath has my interest. I like options.

I'll add some in use photos as they come in.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
thanks LV for your input

any chance you have some molle that you could attach the sheath too when your taking pics

cheers

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I'm thinking it might be time to stock up on a few more clippers/companions, before they get the re-hash & re-price treatment!

Dave

LostViking

Jun 21, 2016
Northern Adirondacks
thanks LV for your input

any chance you have some molle that you could attach the sheath too when your taking pics

cheers

I'll see what I can do. I currently have it mounted on my Mountainsmith Day Lumbar pack which has two rows of Mollie on the front.

Funny about the pricing structure in different places. Over here, Ragnar's Ragweed forge has both the 2000 and the Kansbol listed for the same price $29.00.

If you add the Multi-Mount to the Kansbol, it shoots up to $44.00. I see the new sheath as being worth the extra $15.00 dollars.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE