Mora/Eriksson classics question (tang configuration)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Maybe some of you can help. For a project, I am after a couple of KJ/Eriksson classic red handled knives, model #1 or (preferably) #2 in plain carbon. I inspected several at a hardware store in Sweden and the new ones seem to have lost the rivet at the back, making them effectively a bit less than fulltang. This was confirmed by Ragnar from ragweedforge.com.

Does anybody know a dealer that stocks those? Not the original Moras -which have a bit thinner blade and less height grind- but the Eriksson variant.

Cheers,
-Emile

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Your best bet would be to find a couple of 2nd hand ones. I dont know any retailers that hold the originals, if they did they are likely to be the new variants.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Yes, that's my plan B also. But any new ones floating around would be nice. Price wise it does not really matter - they seem to hold their value better than the average custom :)

-Emile

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
These knives are not fulltang but through tang.

Dismantledfrost105.jpg

Here is a frost 105 I dismantled.

What are you looking for a this design for

Last edited:

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
These knives are not fulltang but through tang.

Dismantledfrost105.jpg

Here is a frost 105 I dismantled.

What are you looking for a this design for

Yes, that's how the original classic/red handled KJ Mora knives were made - and I am looking for a batch of classic KJ #1 or #2 knives that have this construction.

The newer KJ Erikssons has a bit shorter tang and are missing the clip at the back that your picture so clearly shows. Instead of such a clip - you will see that the back of the handle is prepared/pre-notched for the clip, but the clip itself is not there.

-Emile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE