Molle/PALS attachment thingies?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
What were those plastic clips called? Like a kitchen bag clip but flat and fed easily through the Molle loops?

I thought it was TacTies, but they’re the MaxP webbing ones. I bought some TacTies to try, in the long variety, and should have bought short ones for 3 loops if anyone needs any?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
MaxP TacTies come in both webbing and plastic versions.

Blackhawk Speed Clips are another.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Malice clips?
That’s the ones, cheers. Looking at the pics now I have a name, mine were the Tactical Tailor flat ones.

I hate all that bagginess you get with Molle, and it’s made worse with webbing ties. Luckily I need only to attach a small pouch to the back and possibly a phone pouch to a shoulder strap.

Back pocket phone carry + slippery ground can result in a cracked screen, as I found out :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Malice clips are solid. Might end up like this when undoing them though!

1713869190298.png

It the pals webbing on your pouch/surface are not sewn snug then something like the Condor fabric loops might take up some of the slack as they are thicker.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Blade-Tech Molle-Lok.
Brilliant kit. Not flexible, but dead solid and dead easy to put on and off.

ITW Nexus Annex Clips
Also great kit, a little more tricky to attach than Molle-Lok, but much easier than the MALICE Clips

Reactions: Nice65

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
Remember to ‘weave’ through your molle webbing too. Not just slip behind all the loops for the length of the strap.

Easily forgotten in a hurry, but makes a big difference to stability. :cool:

Possible with both types of maxP tac-ties and basic webbing ties.
Not tried any stiffer ones

Reactions: CLEM

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Malice clips are solid. Might end up like this when undoing them though!

It the pals webbing on your pouch/surface are not sewn snug then something like the Condor fabric loops might take up some of the slack as they are thicker.
Hear you, I’ve used the insertion of a knife to get them undone before. :facepalm:

This Molle is lovely, it’s the laser cut stuff on a Direct Action Dragon Egg. Nice bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmundo

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Blade-Tech Molle-Lok.
Brilliant kit. Not flexible, but dead solid and dead easy to put on and off.

ITW Nexus Annex Clips
Also great kit, a little more tricky to attach than Molle-Lok, but much easier than the MALICE Clips
Still use one of the old Tek Loks on my ESEE3. The only thing I’d like to see added to the Dragon Egg if it ever gets to MkIII version are some internal PALS/Molle. I can’t be wandering around with a knife strapped to the outside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozmundo

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
For some reason I thought the dragon egg had Velcro to stick organisers on the inside. I must have muddled it up with another bag. Nice to know the molle is decent. Not something you can always be sure if from an image.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
For some reason I thought the dragon egg had Velcro to stick organisers on the inside. I must have muddled it up with another bag. Nice to know the molle is decent. Not something you can always be sure if from an image.
Unfortunately it doesn’t, there are secure pockets, but nothing that allows a knife to be drawn from a sheath or anything to attach a sheath to. Not the end of the world for my usage 99% of the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE