MLD Trailstar in SilNylon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Hi all,

A long shot i know! Having just borrowed Shewie's Trailstar & researched making my own, i have realised buying one would be the easier option :)

So, does anyone have a Trailstar out there that is just sat in your gear box that you would be willing to sell? I would prefer the grey Sil, but would be ok with the yellow.

Cheers

James

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Think they're currently being delivered in 5 weeks inc shipping time to UK

There's also a new 15% smaller version but it's not gone on the site yet

Ooh, I know you said silnylon (and that's the one to get) but there's a cuben version on eBay at the mo

Matt

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Thanks Matt,

Great blog btw, I've just spent the last hour reading through it :)

I've seen the Cuben trailstar on eBay, but it's not for me. I have a Cuben superfly sized tarp from HG, which is great but impossible to get a drum tight pitch. Not crucial on my hammock tarp, but from what I've read, this could be a big issue on something like the trailstar.

I like the sound of the Trailstar Compact, but not sure the 6ft length would be enough for me. I'll put Shewies back up tomorrow and try to imagine.

5 weeks is not that long to wait either... :)

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Yeah from what I've read it seems the cuben version only seems to pitch tight at a particular height so you lose some of the versatility and probably stability as well. I think the stated waitng time is still up to 12 weeks but some one from the uk recently posted on the MLD fb page that theirs only took 5.

I'd like to see one of the new smaller ones but I think the normal version is a great size as it is, you've probably guessed from my blog that I quite like mine!

Cheers for your comments re the blog, hopefully my writing will improve as time goes on, it's still new to me

Let us know how you get on with your search for a Trailstar

Matt

ps Shewie must trust you!

pinewood

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2012
cornwall
theres one for sale at outdoorsmagic.com.scroll to classified section;then click to page 2.it was advertised on 21 july.
priced at 200 plus postage

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
theres one for sale at outdoorsmagic.com.scroll to classified section;then click to page 2.it was advertised on 21 july.
priced at 200 plus postage

Cheers Pinewood, but that is a Cuben version, probably the same as the one on ebay, for this application i think Sil is best.

Thanks for a cracking link though, i might put up a wanted ad now :) and try not to look at all the other stuff for sale!!!

Cheers

James

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
How long did it take?
You been out in it yet? :)

It only took a few weeks to arrive & managed to dodge the import tax too :)

Sadly, I have to had chance to get out in mine yet, other than the garden when inseam sealed it.

They're well worth the wait.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE