MLD Superlight Bivy, Borah or Zpacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Looks like Borah has let me down and cancelled a load of Bivy orders because of an issue with their Paypal/Ordering system which is a pain in the **** after waiting 3 weeks already!

So I'm hoping somebody has a MLD, Borah or ZPacks spare/for sale so I can avoid waiting. The Borah bivy ideally needs to be the reduced netting and side zip.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No sorry mate, I'll be using it next week I'm afraid.

What's happening with Borah then, do you have to re-order?

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
They are trying to sort things out with PP (who deleted all their payments and thus orders) and then we re-order. If no luck in a few days they will set up another payment system :(
Lucky I'm not in a hurry for mine!

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
No sorry mate, I'll be using it next week I'm afraid.

What's happening with Borah then, do you have to re-order?

Was only joking bud.

John said he may be able to start taking orders again next week if the issue with Paypal is sorted. It seems as though there has been a balls up between his ordering system and paypal payments.

5-16-2014 Paypal issues, refunds
We've had quite a hard time with Paypal since coming back from our company backpacking trip. Upon getting back, we found Paypal not cooperating/loading, and funds were unable to be processed. After contacting them and trying to work it out, they reset the account, losing all orders from April 14th to present (with the exclusion of tarp orders to 4-21 we had printed out). We are in the process of sending refunds to everyone that ordered in that time, as we have no way of seeing what was actually ordered. I'm aware this is a huge inconvience to those who had planned on using their Borah Gear on upcoming trips, and we are very sorry for this! I just don't want to keep people waiting while this Paypal issue works itself out. We will figure out what is going on and if they don't resolve this in the coming days, we will be switching checkout systems. Please check back as the week goes on to see when you can order again. Thanks!

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
So, I'm looking at adding a MLD Superlight to my TS order and wondered folks thoughts on a Cuben Vs slippy SilNylon floor? Is the Cuben really fragile? Is it as slippy as SilNylon?

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
So, I'm looking at adding a MLD Superlight to my TS order and wondered folks thoughts on a Cuben Vs slippy SilNylon floor? Is the Cuben really fragile? Is it as slippy as SilNylon?

Wouldn't you be better creating own topic for this as you're likely to get more views/replies from wider audience. Not to mention you have hijacked my classified ads thread, but thnx for bump :p

No its quite tough but I wouldn't use it directly on floor, most people use some sort of ground sheet first like tyvek, polycro or a ccf mat etc.

To get around silnylon slippynes just put some blobs of sealant on your inner or ground sheet etc.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE