Michael Jackson

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
I had a friend of mine send me details of this earlier.
And I will say to you what I did to him.
It makes no difference what so ever to my life that this guy is dead, regardless of any possibility of felony offences.

Why should I in anyway be disturbed by this. I freely admit that I am not a music follower but when was the last time he brought anything new to the music scene anyway...If there has been anything, I am not aware of it nor do I care.

I do not follow the life of many so called celebrities, respect and like some of them I might.

If i sound callused then so be it, But celebrities have little impact on my life if any.

Does that make me a bad person?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I completely echo your sentiment.

However , what i have learned is that being sincere in your opinions , views and stand point will not make you popular and is not expected.( or wanted )

Often now when asked what i think now i will reply with ;-
" Do you want the polite answer you were wanting or do you really want to know what i really think?"

People are confusing creatures. Especially the soft cute cuddlyones...

I had a friend of mine send me details of this earlier.
And I will say to you what I did to him.
It makes no difference what so ever to my life that this guy is dead, regardless of any possibility of felony offences.

Why should I in anyway be disturbed by this. I freely admit that I am not a music follower but when was the last time he brought anything new to the music scene anyway...If there has been anything, I am not aware of it nor do I care.

I do not follow the life of many so called celebrities, respect and like some of them I might.

If i sound callused then so be it, But celebrities have little impact on my life if any.

Does that make me a bad person?

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Perhaps I say what is not meant to be said, But I am no more or less than what I am.

To pretend otherwise is in my opinion foolish. If I am not respected for my honesty and sincerity then I am not.

I am true to my nature, and my nature is honest.

I don't expect to be liked or disliked, I am one of the few who my friends say I truly do not care what others think of me. I have my own opinions, I do not ask that you agree with them only that I be given the chance to be who I am and not be criticised for it.

That is, is it not the definition of freedom? If we have not this, then what do we have?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
8thsinner , again , If I was unclear , I agree with you.

The topic of freedom of action and the individuality in society with written and unwritten rules and morality is an interesting one, maybe worth a different thread as i fear this one may be diverting from the original OP intention, which maybe we should/could respect.

Anyway , I ve just finished a long Night shift and this is all quite deep at this time of the day.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A musician whose talent delighted an enormous number of people has died.

He leaves a young family, and a business empire that the vultures will descend upon,

He was ages with many on this forum who truly expect at least another forty years of active life.

Please keep comments and responses relevant to the OP's intent.

Toddy.........Mod hat on :)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Sorry to hear Michael Jackson has carked it. Wouldn't wish that on anyone, or their family and friends.
I wasn't a fan of Jackson's, his music or his obsessive fans, so in real terms it means diddly-squat to me. But if I could click my fingers and bring him back to life I happily would. Mind you, I'd do that for anyone whether they're famous or not.
Just bracing myself for all the tedious Jackson retrospectives and sychophantic specials now...

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, he was slated as a VA in a long expected cartoon....

(I doubt he would have taken that job on, though I have no doubt he could have done a good job.)

Toddys right.

(says she who hates music)

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Sad news indeed.

Unfortunatley we will be seeing lots of Jokes etc in the coming weeks.

He was an entertainer but led a slightly bizarre life which threw him into the media spot light for both the good and the bad.

I will remember him as the little afro haired kid who put a smile on peoples faces.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE