Meteor Shower Heads Up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
We watched the Perseids one earlier this year too. All of us lying outside in the grass in the middle off the night oohing and aahing

Was an interesting thing to see for the neighbours apparently, who were busy watching us wondering what we were doing :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Will hope to see tonights one too- thanks for the heads up Torc :D

Cheers
Ness :)

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
The last one that i watched with my eldest daughter,
we lay on the trampoline in the garden in our sleeping bags .

bbc weather says we have clear skyes tonight,
so i better get out my bivvy bag in case of rain:umbrella:

Craig.............

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
Apparently the best time is monday night after the moon sets. It should be visible for a couple of nights, especially down south.

Happy skywatching everyone

Cheers

Gweedo

Forager
Jun 23, 2005
Wales
Best time to see will before dawn as the Earth's movement in its orbit will be 'face on' to the direction in which the meteors are travelling - 0200 to 0400 appears to be the prime time, but I'll be out before then as it's work tomorrow.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I hate it where I live, EVERY single time there is a mention of meteor showers I have had very cloudy nights, without fail...well, here's hoping this times different

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
just went out in the back garden and layed in the issue sleepbag with my youngest boy looked up for about a hour and didnt see anything
still nice though going to give it a beter go tomorow night

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
any specific area of the night sky we should be looking towards?

and i dont want any funny answers like - have you tried looking up!!!!!!!!!

col....

The spacedex site (see post 1) seems to be saying to look in the North eastern part of the sky - without binoculars, telescopes etc

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
I didnt see a single one.
Looked before midnight- nothing. Got woken up by the anklebiter at 4am (grr) looked again- nada :(
it was a beautiful clear night last night too...

Will try again tonight

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE