Metal Mugs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treelore

Nomad
Jan 4, 2008
Northamptonshire
Need some ideas of where to get a good metal mug from, needsto be light weight, hard wearing and not too bulky. The only feature I don’t wantare wired handles that fold back as I find them a pain!
Many thanks guys

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
An Asda near me had s.s. double walled mugs for 3 quid awhile ago [don't know if they are still selling them - an guess that one adsa is the same as any other] they were summit ones with a karabiner handle. The handle feels pretty flimsey but the rest seams pretty solid.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Insulated mugs are great but you can't cook in them - for lightness it might be worth getting a plastic one instead

I've not yet found a double walled stainless mug with a decent handle - they all seem to have tiny spot welds that break too easily

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Yep no good for cooking also AWAY too small that's what I've got me billy for :) the karabiner bit is screwed on and it's coming loose already - I've had to tighten it twice [only about 2 months old] but cracking for holding hot liquid - without having to wince manfully - so I may just take the handle off to save it getting bashed off anyway, at least that'll save some space.

Also my 6 year old has stood on it and my 2 year old has taken it into the garden and given it a good throwing around - try that with a plastic mug!

treelore

Nomad
Jan 4, 2008
Northamptonshire
Not really keen on plastic either, a titanium one would be great for the lightness and durability(no wired handle tho please). so far the one Peteo is the front runner, but keep going guys :)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
If you type enamel mug into ebay, select used, you get a good selection of proper ename mugs and cups for little cost, light and robust, good for the fire if your brew gets cold, and solid handles,

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
The old pattern US Army canteen cup has a folding handle which folds under the cup, and locks in place with a sliding clip when in use. Much better than the wire handles, and well worth looking out for in surplus stores.

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE