Maxpedition Falcon II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Does anyone here have a Maxpedition Falcon II rucksack.
If you have is it big enough to get your gear in for an overnight/two night trip.
I know your not going to get a sleep bag in it but I would have thought a tarp and hammock will fit.
If you do have one would it be possible for you to do a loadout list so I know what will fit inside.

If you have one of the other Maxp packs could you tell me how you get on with it for short trips.

Ta Johnny.

Amosjl

Mar 16, 2013
West Yorkshire
I don't own the Falcon but a mate does. One of those packs that is neither one nor the other if you ask me. The compartmentalisation is extensive but no single pocket looks very deep and if packed out completely, the distance it protrudes off your back doesn't look like a comfortable carry as the load just gets further and further away from your body.

This is only an observation from seeing it carried though, I haven't worn it myself. I have the Sitka and often use this for overnighters and day hikes....you'd be amazed what you can fit in to the thing and the function to swing it to the front (for chest access) without taking it of is a godsend if you're not a fan if stopping and starting all the time to access a pack.

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
I had a Pygmy Falcon II for a while - it was great at organising kit, and pockets and straps were great. I found it very uncomfortable on a day out - very basic shoulder straps and no waist belt meant it pulled my shoulders back. I replaced it with an Osprey rucksack, which lacks the organisation but is amazingly comfortable.

As an EDC type bag, the Maxpedition was fabulous - just no good for carrying around for any distance.

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
Hi i have the KombatUk clone of the falcon......used it for a February 4 day wildcamp trip in the lakes with solo tent (Coleman avior x2), full set of buffalos, spare clothes (undies and socks), basic toiletries, food and some water, cook kit, sleeping bag strapped on the molle as with kipmat in waterproof stuffsacks, plus all the other essentials. Worked out fine albeit packed solid. The great thing with the clone is that the material used is waterproof except for the seams and it rained cats and dogs the whole time and my kit stayed dry inside. :rolleyes: so the falcon should hold up well.:cool:

almac

Forager
Oct 13, 2010
Okanagan, BC CANADA
i have a falcon2 in DFC.
when i go out, i ususally take the basics.
ss container/bottle
knife
fire kit
paracord
small tarp 6x8
wool (in fall/winter)
small tea kettle/small cookpot
small FA kit
some food
water filter sometimes
small msr whisperlite stove (if campfire ban is on)

works fine for me. but then again, i usually don't take a lot with me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE