Marbles compass = chinese = lost

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 22, 2010
I just opened my Christmas present from my son which is a Marbles brass pocket compass. I should have been pleased but sadly it doesnt point north, niether does it south west or east.
In fact it doesnt do anything. I looked on amazon for some reviews and it didnt make good reading, marbles has been sold off to China and the results are clear. If anyone is thinking of getting one I would advise against doing so unless you like getting lost. Obviously the vintage ones are quality so go for one of them if you must have one.

Last edited:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
They have not offered a decent compass in a long time. It was outsourced long before they sold the trademark rights.

A much better compass is a Tru-Nord.

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. About the only Marbles products that are decent anymore are the machetes. They are very good for the price. Marbles owns a bunch of trademarks. Not all trademarks went offshore. Who knows, someone might come along someday and breathe some life into their knives again.

Sep 22, 2010
Hi, thanks for the link. Got a suunto one from a charity shop for 50p! so Karma works in mysterious ways.
The seller will be getting the "Marbles" one back so will use the refund on something else.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE