Man Jewellery!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ive never been a jewellry wearing, or earing guy, but have recently taken to wearing a silver chain, a gift.
[.925 sterling, apparently means 92.5% silver with 7.5% copper alloy, as pure silver is too soft]

Im also wondering about purchasing some sort of pendant for it, like a Mjolnir, or something with a norse theme. I could do with some good luck, and although not superstitious, am begining to feel jinxed!

Not big and gregarious, but something small and subtle. I like this guys work:.

il_570xN.651883972_a4qb.jpg

High quality replica of of a viking Mjolnir in the Mammen style.Small size.
Pendant made of 925 sterling silver (double sided pendant)

il_570xN.603874009_6hea.jpg

Replica of of a viking Mjolnir (Owl Head Thor Hammer) Bredsatra, Sweden, 11th Century Pendant made of 925 sterling silver (double sided pendant)

il_570xN.645605587_4xa6.jpg

The highly detailed pendant evil and good struggle in Urnes style.
The Urnes style is the last phase of Viking art. It takes its name from the remarkable carved wooden doors of the stave church at Urnes, Norway.

il_570xN.666228020_a2n0.jpg

Sterling Silver Detailed Odin's Pendant.Just carved. The pendant is based on the norse pic.

What do you blokes wear if anything?

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Animals Im thinking of:
il_570xN.703707842_3fev.jpg

This my new item.Silver wolf head bead.Highly detailed, aggressive pendant.
Pendant made of 925 sterling silver ,solid.

il_570xN.720439552_c9dg.jpg

Bear charm pendant(celtic style). Great detail.
Pendant made of 925 sterling silver

il_570xN.718270715_fwn0.jpg

This my new item.Silver panther head pendant.Highly detailed, aggressive.

il_570xN.749694167_gjf2.jpg

My new variant of a raven necklace .Beautiful charm. Extraordinary design.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Cool, which would you choose Sam, from the top ones Ive posted? [If any?]

Are you around Wayland? You must have some authentic norse jewellry?

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Raven without a doubt.
for personal and private reasons.

Raven's gonna be one my next tattoos

Yeh ravens nice, Ive been thinking on it, and I might try and buy an original celtic coin, that has a history of appeal to me personally, and then have it placed in a 'coin frame' made to fit my necklace.
Someone like King Caratacus who fought a guerilla war against the romans, to try and defend britian from roman rule.

The norse coins are very expensive. The danelaw kings....A silver penny depicting cnut, for instance, who invaded england with an army of vikings could go for £20k!

But there are cheaper celtic ones to be had. For under a hundred quid.

I'll see.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Last edited:

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
Mine are silver or stainless: My necklace has a fish; the letter J; a "turbin wheel" like thing and a spiral, in addition I have several finger rings.

jewellery.jpg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Both my high school class ring and my university one have gone missing. Now I wear a pewter celtic cross (a replacement of a previous stainless crucifix) Occasionally a gold tie chain as well as a wristwatch.

I rarely wear my Medic-Alert necklace. Do large decorative belt buckles count as jewelry?

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I don't really do jewellery but I'm definitely becoming more sentimental.

Titanium wedding ring because I didn't like gold.

Tiki from New Zealand on a string with an image of Christ crucified (though not really a crucifix) from my travels through Greece.

I couldn't really just buy jewellery, it has to be earned in some way. Does that make sense?

I wear a nice wrist watch which was possibly my biggest ever purchase for myself (because that's always a useful asset) and I have a box of cufflinks most of which were gifted to me as inheritance keep sakes.

That string going to break one day soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
36e0c808d39b019ba0dafb6a39d88f31.jpg

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I never liked jewelry when young, though of late I have a few things.

I like sterling silver, as it goes with most things and is affordable (unlike gold)

I have a few masculine necklaces, including one inherited from my Great grandmother, and a silver watch chain with a feather on it (being a tengu.)

No rings or earrings (bar inherited stuff.) but my other users are small broochs as tie pins (I have a nice one of Uffington white horse.) and big broochs for blankets.

fellows

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2015
Dorset
Copper bracelet, leather band and i have a silver wedding ring with a band of oak inset into it (in honour of my son, Oak, born out of wedlock)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I ended up buying a rare silver celtic unit, a Tasciovanus Stag.

Tasciovanus was a historical king of the Catuvellauni tribe before the Roman conquest of Britain, around 20BC. [Northern Thames]
He was also known as the legendary king Tenvantius, son of Lud.

When his father died, he and his older brother were still minors, so the kingship of Britain was given to their uncle Cassibelanus.
Tasciovanus participated in his uncle's defence of Britain against Julius Caesar.

Tasciovanus only issued coins for a short time, 10-15BC, and silver and gold units were for the elites of their society.

Tasciovanus was the grandfather of Caratacus, who led the British resistance against the later Claudian Roman invasion and who was also heavily influenced by the druids.

What I find really amazing is that I now own a coin which is over 2000 years old, and could very well have been owned at some point in its life, by a druid, and or celtic cheiftan in pre roman britain.

It shall be a treasured possession.

$_35.JPG

I may try and have it placed in a round silver coin frame, with some sort of sapphire crystal, on the front and back to protect it from wear, and attach it, as a small medallion to my silver necklace.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Now this is a thing of beauty even if the edge has a little dink in it :cool:

Me thinks I'm going hinting to the little wifey it would be a great birthday pressie :)

il_570xN.680559817_bddy.jpg
il_570xN.654826071_qjl6.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE