Maintenence Kit Required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of the cheapest place to get a Gransfors SFA? I live in Northwest England near Liverpool. I dont mind buying over the phone or online from a reccommended source.

Also I'm looking for the best place to get a combi waterstone (1000/6000) and a GB puck, to maintain my knife, and new axe(when I get it).

Many thanks

And cheers for the help.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey Mate,

You can get the GB SFA (and the puck too) from loads of places, Gary at Bearclaw does them quite cheap, as does Andy at Outdoor code (www.oudoorcode.com) and several other places. Make sure you ask them to check the grain on the shaft properly if you buy else where. Gary and Andy will have checked their stock as it came in ;)

The whetstones can be bought here:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/category-Waterstones-207976.htm

Hope that helps Mate, there's plenty of other places to get your gear but I've used these three and trust them :)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Swampy Matt

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 19, 2004
Midlands
I got my Gransfors SFA and wildlife hatchet from http://www.survivalschool.co.uk/ . The service is excellent.

They also do the GB Puck and Files for maintaining the axe. The japanese slip stone they do is just right for keeping an edge on your knife or crook knife in the field.

Matt

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
I reckon Andy (Outdoorcode) is the cheapest around, phone him for a price as I think he knocks a bit off some products (not all though) for BCUK and BB folks. Pretty sure he'll do you a puck as well.
Great service too and decent chap, although he does seem to have all my money now.
:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE