Made me a draw knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Only time will tell mate. I really put it through its paces yesterday making the chest and there didn't seem to be any movement. I'll araldite them in if needs be but as it stands everything is ok.

Good stuff :) no excuse not to get making those bows now ;)
Only reason I mentioned it is I give my draw-knife a right beating where I should probably be using another tool yet it keeps going.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
No idea mate. I made this one for me so didn't really note down how long it took but there was a lot of time put into the forging and grinding etc...
I'm spending this afternoon editing a video that shows this in action along with some forging.

Cheers
Andy

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just had a quick go of this drawknife on a bow and it cuts very well for its size. Nice work.

entherder

Aug 11, 2011
Central Illinois
Very nice work. I've been looking for a vintage draw knife, but those around have big chip sand such. New inspiration to get a small forge up and running! Thanks for sharing.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I think I have enough space for a ghetto forge like you showed. I just don't have any of the neccesary materials yet.

Yeah use that as a base, there's a lot of other guides online. Just get a bit creative with what you've got. My very first forge was just four house bricks arranged in a square on the ground with a pipe in one corner and a hand pump for the air.
I used a block of steel for an anvil.

All the best
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
A close up of the hinges on the box.

image.jpg

I've put the box away for now as I have more pressing projects to complete. But eventually I'll make a strap for the front and some kind of lock.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE