Made a new sheath for my Pilot's Survival Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
Here is a sheath I recently made for my Camillus manufactured US military Pilot's Survival Knife. The knife has a 5" blade of 1095 steel and a hardness of about Rc58.

The original sheath was made out of leather and had a steel backing and tip with rivets. It's not an entirely bad sheath but it doesn't hold the knife as securely as I prefer in the sheath body and the thin, one snap strap is, IMHO, not that secure. I'm also not that big of a fan of the old, mass produced style of slit strap belt loop attachment.

The sheath I made was made out of leather tack strapping from a farmer's bundle, similar to the last sheath I uploaded to the web. I made it thick and rigid, with a wet moulded pouch on the front for an EZE-Lap diamond hone. The sheath body hold the knife with no looseness or rattle and the securing strap snaps are slightly due to the narrowing contours of the handle. All of the seams are double stitched. There is a drain hole in the back of the sheath near the tip, and the entire sheath has been impregnated with a silicone based water repellant.

Rostov_PSK_sheath1.jpg

Rostov_PSK_sheath2.jpg

Rostov_PSK_sheath3.jpg

Rostov_PSK_sheath4.jpg

Rostov_PSK_sheath5.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE