Mad Intex Explorer k2 bargain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Some may remember me going on about how great these little craft are, i paid 120 for mine and got exactly the same as in this deal, kayak 2 paddles and pump and skeg fin, i noticed in the specifications it says 160kg limit but we have run ours in the River Tyne with well over 200kg (2 men and a kit bag) it was a total bargain at £120 never mind at £74.99 inc postage, so good a deal i am tempted to buy another as they are much more fun paddled solo

$_57.JPG

No affiliation just sharing an awesome bargain

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
That's a bargain,think I paid £100 for mine last year.Great fun kayaks I think I will have to get out in mine soon for a little paddle on the medway.

dragon32

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2014
Banbury, Oxfordshire
A great bargain. I paid £86 last year and my son paid £106 for his a few months later. First thing we did before we even got them wet was to secure the skeg with fishing line. It has saved the skeg several times. We only do canals in ours but usually have two kids on board and some kit. Mr Bod is right that they are fun solo and nearly as much fun two up. Ignore what you hear about the paddles on the internet we have had no problems with ours at all. However the second thing we did was trace the pressure guage(which is a piece of clear plastic) onto the inside of a laminate pocket and then seal it up. These are very easy to lose. All in all a brilliant little canoe at a low price for the quality.

ATB,
Don

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I have owned mine for 2 and a half years, never had a single puncture but did lose a skeg going backwards down a shallow grade 2 rapids on the River Tyne, that was a seriously hard 8 mile paddle home in a tidal part of the river with no skeg. Had no trouble with the paddles at all and used one for over a year but i eventually spoiled myself and bought a fancy carbon fiber double bladed jobby, my bro still uses the one that came with it.

Seriously twitching on buying another as I also have a Sevylor tahiiti and the Intex is way better in comfort of the seating and tracking ability, lighter too

attachment.php

I'm surprised @Dewi hasn't seen this and is frothing at the mouth, i don't know if he ever did buy one but he was itching

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Hi, I got one of these last year on recommendation from Ocean 1975 (as above) and have enjoyed paddling it around the non-tidal parts of the River Medway in Kent. Am taking it out later this month for my first ever canoe camp. Will post a trip report in due course.

Has anyone ever used these on the canoe passes that you sometimes find at the locks? There are some on the medway canoe trail and I'm undecided whether to chance it or just play safe and do the portage? I've seen youtube videos of people going down them in the sevylor colorado but that seems to be a much tougher beast than my intex k2?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE