M.s Bushie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
Just thought I would show this Bushie was one of the last I made as a full time maker,
o1 tool steel, Stabilised Spalted Maple Scales, Blue liners, Mosaic pins, and centre hidden bolt, with matching fire steel.
Thanks for looking

SMapelBushie001.jpg

SMapelBushie002.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice work Mick and a good choice of materials.

I think we`re all gonna miss your creations.

I`ll be treating my MS/Dougster combo well after hearing your announcement.

Rich

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Mick,

It is a real shame you are giving up making knives. Your skill is so refined. Your knives are easily amongst the best I have seen. I am sure your reasons for giving up have something to do with either time or money. I hope one day you will be in a position to return to something that you have amazing talent in. Until then we will all have to make do with lesser mortals!

Thanks for everything Mick.

Mark

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
Mick,

It is a real shame you are giving up making knives. Your skill is so refined. Your knives are easily amongst the best I have seen. I am sure your reasons for giving up have something to do with either time or money. I hope one day you will be in a position to return to something that you have amazing talent in. Until then we will all have to make do with lesser mortals!

Thanks for everything Mick.

Mark

Thanks Mark:eek: But I will still do some now and then, but not full time.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
wait... microsoft makes knives now?? J.\/k Very beautiful! I love the lanyard hole!!
:) I get it M.S = microsoft, Ive been going longer than them though, Some thing went wrong with the money side of it though cause I aint got none:(
Thanks for your kind comments:D

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
Sorry to hear you are giving up Mick, you do great work. This is a favourite of mine, i just wish i had the money to buy a finished knife from you rather than just a blade.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
just a shame mick you won't be using them so mutch,we'll have to get you out of retirement somehow.

bernie

Retirement, had my Mum ill, spent a week charging back and forth to the Hospital, she's pulled through now though:) , my Daughter fell down some stairs and done her ankle so had to have her two boy's, then my wife went ill, and this morning I have been round my Daughters flat because the high winds had blown her balcony doors off nearly:(

And I have only had time to make these last week, and the one with handle had a duff bit of stabilsed wood so had to repair it and sell it cheap on BB

projects001-1.jpg

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Retirement, had my Mum ill, spent a week charging back and forth to the Hospital, she's pulled through now though:) , my Daughter fell down some stairs and done her ankle so had to have her to boy's, then my wife went ill, and this morning I have been round my Daughters flat because the high winds had blown her balcony doors off nearly:(

And I have only had time to make these last week, and the one with handle had a duff bit of stabilsed wood so had to repair it and sell it cheap on BB

projects001-1.jpg

Good to see your still at it and like the nessie.

bernie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE