Lundhags or alternative.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andrew_wales

Nov 2, 2015
Rhondda
I'm really interested in a pair of lundhag rangers, buy there is no where near me to try them on and I've heard the sizes can be a bit hit or miss. Anyone have any advice or recommend a similar alternative?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I just tried a pair of Lundhags Syncro today, and they seem to have an accurate size. Many hunting boots/Mountain boots seem to be a bit small for their size, but these were normal. I envy you these shoes!
One day, when I have sold one of my kidneys, I will buy the Syncro´s.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ive got some lundhags pro mid in a size 9. Perfect fit. Although, for the last couple of months, my usual woodland paths are just streams and rivers, and the barbour wellies are all I wear.
The weathers gone mental recently hasnt it?

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I have a pair of Syncro high - couldn't be a happier hiker/hunter. Below -10 to -15C I use other shoes, though.

Mine are size 12 UK (47 EU) wheras I normally wear 10.5 UK (45 EU) to allow for liner and wool socks and some swelling of the feet.

The purchase price might be a bit high, but from what I understand you get some serious use out of them...so I hope I get a really low cost/year ratio.

I haven't tried that many different brands, though...so I am a bit light on suggestions, unfortunately.

\\Greger

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I have ranger mid, and they allow for some sock adjustment. I'm size 9.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Ive had Lundhag Scouts and just find them sweaty. At least with alternative rubber boots (wellies) there is more room to breath and air.

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
I used to love Lundhags but I've moved away from them now, no reason really just thinned out my boot mountain in favour of my Altberg Velthogs and Hanwag Alaskas. At one point I think I had four pairs of lundhags that were four different sizes and they all fitted me so, yes, the sizing does seem pretty random. This is going back several years so maybe they are more consistent these days.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I love my Lundhags and have found the sizing to be accurate for my feet. If you're looking for alternatives, it might be worth seeking out Jornkangan - a very similar idea to Lundhags. I have a pair that I use in winter as they are a little more generous in the foot and can accommodate a couple of pairs of socks; another idea - very much at the more reasonable end of the spectrum - are the Swedish M-59 boots. For a tenner, you get footwear that is, again, like a pair of Lundhags that will last pretty well.

In all cases, the sizing seems to be pretty well spot on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE