LuckyLee Sheath Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I was out and about looking for adders today because of the warm weather. It was the first time I could wear and test my new sheath out openly without it being tucked under a plethora of coats and fleeces, so here are my thoughts on it.

For those that haven't seen it in previous threads- It's made by our own LuckyLee from veg tanned leather with multi carry options and straps. I decided I didn't want the extras of firesteel loop, leg restraint loops and sharpening stone pouch added as I wanted a sleek carry system without that added bulk. It came with two straps as well as the horizontal carry straps, all held together by chicago screws - to make alteration and adaption easy in the field. I've chopped and changed the extra carry straps and found an option I like best.

23Feb201226.jpg

23Feb201225.jpg

I still have the option for horizontal carry if the need arises, as well as Nordic carry and rucksack retention. But I like the belt loop moved lower down onto the top strap. It originally came with a dangler and multi carry strap like this...

6864639187_c2fdd198a5.jpg

6864644321_10807b200a.jpg

6864642977_8cd41fa98f.jpg

I like the double dangler system, but I find it gets in my way and moves about alot when handling venomous stuff. And you don't need distractions when you are doing that! The way I've fixed the loop stops the swing you get with a double dangler, and makes it more stable and higher riding....

23Feb201224.jpg

23Feb201223.jpg

It also allows your untucked shirt or fleece/coat etc, to fit between the knife and the belt/body, to allow for easy access. Someting you don't get on other sheaths. It makes a huge difference not having to lift your top up to access your knife everytime. And makes re-sheathing very easy one handed too.

23Feb201222.jpg

23Feb201221.jpg

The contruction of the sheath is excellent. The stitching neat and perfect. All leather edging is sealed to protect it from damp ingress. The knife fits very nice and secure in there as Lee wetformed it to do so. The leather is hard and treated to take loads of outdoor weather and abuse. Good job too as I wreck sheaths regularly doing daft stuff.

I decided to have poppers on my retention strap, but Lee uses Sam Brown studs too. Lee also uses a cool system of elasticated tension cord to hold the retention strap open so the knife pulls clean out without fear of cutting into it. I have a similar sheath by Rob Bayley and I'm constantly slicing in to that strap when re-sheathing by touch alone.

23Feb201218.jpg

23Feb201217.jpg

23Feb201216.jpg

The whole package is excellent, and apart from the top functionality of the design and build, it looks great too.

Anyone looking for a bespoke sheath for their knife, I highly recommend Lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
ahh mate thanks for that, have only just noticed this, it means a lot to me bud, as i realy do try me hardest to make sure me customers are happy, and to see this, has really made my day, i have had some good news this week as one of my french customers is putting a review in this magazine, about the spydie bushctaft and my sheath combo.
http://lapassiondescouteaux.com/online/magazine
which is a knife magazine in france.
thanks bud, you a legend mate.
take care.
lee.

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
ahh mate thanks for that, have only just noticed this, it means a lot to me bud, as i realy do try me hardest to make sure me customers are happy, and to see this, has really made my day, i have had some good news this week as one of my french customers is putting a review in this magazine, about the spydie bushctaft and my sheath combo.
http://lapassiondescouteaux.com/online/magazine
which is a knife magazine in france.
thanks bud, you a legend mate.
take care.
lee.

Great review of some quality workmanship, my copy of La Passion des Couteaux is waiting to be picked up this week so will look forward to the read:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE