Lucky Diver, Dangerous Shooter in Sussex

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
....Tv programmes and films use props; we know that, so they're not real, iimmc, and video games are cartoonised......

Actually no. Movies and films use real guns (albeit USUALLY modified to only shoot blanks) Yes, they're "props" which is short for "property" of the studio. In fact during the filming of the first Rambo the very real M16s were stolen from the set in B.C., Canada. And Bruce Lee's son was killed during filming of a movie by a mistake when someone brought a real round in (real rounds of ammo are NEVER supposed to be allowed on a set so there are conspirists who believe it wasn't an accident)

And no, video games aren't cartoonized anymore. Some of them are almost as realistic as the simulators the military uses to train with (although obviously not on a full size scale like the military ones.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's not the perception though; films aren't real, nor are video games, they're 'Let's pretend' sort of stories, and any bullets shown don't click as a specific size/weight/type for any but the gun enthusiasts.
After Brandon Lee's death surely no 'real' props could be expected.....or is that too sensible ?

Not interested in dragging out the thread, just trying to explain why bullet sizes just aren't common knowledge, even among the police.

cheers,
Toddy

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That's not the perception though; films aren't real, nor are video games, they're 'Let's pretend' sort of stories, and any bullets shown don't click as a specific size/weight/type for any but the gun enthusiasts.
After Brandon Lee's death surely no 'real' props could be expected.....or is that too sensible ?

Too unrealistic. Unfortunately it's the gore that sells now. Even if the actual scenes are unrealistic, the viewing public demands that the weaponry be realistic.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Who on earth would drive to a rural lane to 'chat' with two other men in their car?
Round here you can often find a tractor and a car filling the width of a lane - usually just around a blind bend - as the occupants chat...
I could feel like taking a potshot at them myself sometimes!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Round here you can often find a tractor and a car filling the width of a lane - usually just around a blind bend - as the occupants chat...
I could feel like taking a potshot at them myself sometimes!

That's standard procedure.

This particular story tells of 3 men all in the same car, up a lane, just chatting. Yeah right! Nothing strange going on there then.

Reasons for 3 men to be in a vehicle together, up a rural lane, under the premise of 'just chatting' :- Drugs, scoping somewhere for poaching/thievery, animal rights activists, fly-tipping, dogging.

Last edited:

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
And Bruce Lee's son was killed during filming of a movie by a mistake when someone brought a real round in (real rounds of ammo are NEVER supposed to be allowed on a set so there are conspirists who believe it wasn't an accident)
Common misconception.

A bullet detached from the casing of a dummy round (no propellant) earlier in shooting. A blank was then inserted in the gun - behind the loose bullet. Blank is fired - dead bruce.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Common misconception.

A bullet detached from the casing of a dummy round (no propellant) earlier in shooting. A blank was then inserted in the gun - behind the loose bullet. Blank is fired - dead bruce.

Actually NO. It's not a misconception. Rather the scenario you describe is irrelevant. The earlier round you speak of was NEVER supposed to have been allowed! EVER! NO real rounds are ever to be allowed in prop guns or on the set. And dummy rounds don't have "detacgable" bullets; they're a permanently cast single piece just like the ones we used for load training on aircraft guns and small arms training. I had never heard the scenario you describe but it certainly lends some credence to the conspiracy theorists.

And it was Brandon Lee.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE