Lots of Berries on the trees - Harsh Winter ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

t1234

Jul 27, 2010
sussex
I just heard that there are lots of berries on the trees and this means nature is storing up for a hard winter ahead. Anyone else noticed this ?

absolutely loads of Haws up my permission
P9190417_zps1633b0f9.jpg

as to if it will be a harsh winter can but hope :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not round here :sigh:
I was thinking that if it was a harsh Winter then a lot of creatures are going to suffer. It's been a sodden wet Summer and Autumn.

cheers,
Toddy

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Either the trees can predict the future weather more accurately than all the worlds weather supercomputers, or they are reacting to their environment.

I think the latter, although I suspect the accuracy of predicting the weather by counting berries wouldn't actually be that far behind our best efforts. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We haven't had a Poll in ages; someone sort one out while I scrabble for hankies? I've got the cold and chesty cough from the hot place :sigh:

:crutch: :hatscarf: :we need a no' well smilie :( :

Toddy

richardww

Banned
Jan 17, 2012
Gwynedd
got lots of berries around my area, and noticed the last two days that the birds in the garden are feeding much more, reackon the trees and the bird-animals know what the weathers doing,

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I just heard that there are lots of berries on the trees and this means nature is storing up for a hard winter ahead. Anyone else noticed this ?

Yes. Nature is providing more food for the birds than usual in my garden. Sign of a hard winter coming. Someone mentioned that to me just the other day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE