LoTR tooled bracer and cuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey all. I made these for a member here a few weeks ago. I had to make some adjustments before taking pictures and whatnot so finally just got around to posting them up here hope you all like them

First is a large arm bracer with the tree of Gondor carved on it with crown and some stars. The second is a smaller cuff with watch attachment straps and the hobbit leaf carved. the first set of watch strap i put on were too tight so i drilled the rivets out and replaced them with longer and more flexible straps you can see the different in the photos some of which were taken before and some after the adjustment. both made with 5mm veg tan leather with 2-3mm straps. dyed with eco-flo antique gel and edges burnished and coated.

cimg2148s.jpg

cimg2149.jpg

and with strap adjusted for the watch:

cimg2300w.jpg

I still really need to improve my tooling but i am overall happy with how these turned out. I have some more Lord of The Rings commissions coming up after xmas so you will be seeing much more stuff like this

thanks for looking :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Very Nice Work Hamish. goodjob The tree of Gondor is excellent. Who is your customer? Not Sean Bean is it?:D

Fat Rog

Forager
Sep 30, 2012
Rotherham, S. Yorks
Stunning work Hamish, whoever commissioned them won't be disappointed. With regard to what you said about improving your tool work - I suspect you are your own worst critic, give yourself a break dude, from what I've seen your work is brill :)

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
very nice!!
the leaf is a lothlorien leaf though i believe, the hobbits get the brooches as a present from galadriel in lothlorien.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Maybe just the word "Enter" as per the instructions on the door, rather than the full instructions ??? Be nice on a notepad cover.

"Friend" , not "Enter"

"Ennyn Durin aran Moria. Pedo mellon a minno"
- "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter."

Nice work there DH - shouldn't the tree be white though?

Seven stars, and seven stones and one white tree :)

Last edited:

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
"Friend" , not "Enter"

- "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter."

Nice work there DH - shouldn't the tree be white though?

Seven stars, and seven stones and one white tree :)

when you commission one it shall be :p arfarfarf

i have seen many versions of the gondor tree sometimes black sometimes white or silver. i think it looks better in the darker tones. with the LoTR stuff i have coming up after xmas some of it may end up with silver in it depends what the customers want in the end really

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE