Lost in the wilds by -Coyle?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I watched 'The Edge' on Monday, the 'survival' film with A.Hopkins. The book he was reading was the one in the title of this post. Does it exist and has anyone read it? It looked American so Schwert or Hoodoo or RovingArcher...... or anyone

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Well it's not on Amazon although there is a book call 'Into the Wild' about a boy who goes to live in the Alaskan Wilderness.

After graduating from Emory University in Atlanta in 1992, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandoned his possessions, gave his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhiked to Alaska, where he went to live in the wilderness. Four months later, he turned up dead. His diary, letters and two notes found at a remote campsite tell of his desperate effort to survive, apparently stranded by an injury and slowly starving. They also reflect the posturing of a confused young man,...

This is of course of no help to you... :wink: :eek:):

I also watched part of The Edge, quite a good display of survival skills.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

I think it's a great movie. And they chose some good actors for it! :D
I was thinking the same thing... what is the book called? :?: :wink:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
good skils mr hopkins on hardening the ends of your spears in the fire...
they would have been lost with out that one pocket knife.. a good film

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I remember this question coming up on Blade Forums, but for the life of me couldn't remember what the agreed upon answer was. Have you ever typed "the edge" into a search window on a knife forum? I think the search function will be out of service for awhile. :lol:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Ahhhhhhh but has anybody come across the book upon which the film is based?

Its callled 'Happy Birthday' by Mildred and Patti HILL (HULL) - I've looked for it everywhere I can think of but to no avail!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Your not Wayne my wife dont like it either!

Bear Attack is actually supposed to be very realistic the director interviewed many victims and experts and based the whole event on their experiences.

Personally I think its a good film but it could have been better - but you could say that about most things can't you.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Just goes to show you Gary.

After reading 'Bear attacks and their avoidance' I thought I knew something. books never beat personal experience. Although a bear attack is one experience i would like not to have.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I agree with you there Wayne - not much chance of it happening in Romford mind you so i guess Im safe for the moment!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE