Looking for near perfection

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Hi guys, I am looking for advice regarding best Binoculars in the 8x32 range. I wondered if any of you lads were Game keepers or Stalkers. I know that you tend to take Telescopes along as well but will possibly use Binoculars for initial spotting.
To let you understand, I have been using Binoculars for years . From 7x50 and
8x56 down to small roof prisms. My best ones at the moment are Leika 8x20
ultravid, costing around or just under £500. They are superb, but just a bit small and fiddley. I am now considering the mid range size of glass and have been looking at the next size up 8x32, and comparing them with the Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32.
I am prepared to pay up to £1,000 to get a final good pair, but do not think that paying more always means that you are getting necessarily the best value for money.
I had mid size Zeiss glasses before but they were very heavy for their size.
it is my intention to try several makes, before buying a pair, because only the user, knows when things feel right. However I thought that some of you guys who use them in your jobs may help me to narrow down my choice a bit. Thanks in advance for any
help offered. I am just a casual bird watcher, but I get more enjoyment from my
Binoculars than any of my other gear.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Swarovski 8x32 El, i sold mine but will get another pair (pre-owned) when funds allow.
There are of course many others as you well know but in my opinion Swaro are best.
Tom

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I've never been more impressed by a piece of glass as when I've used Zeiss bino's, the clarity and light transmission just blows me away.

If I was in the market for spending that sort of money I'd certainly give them a look Something like the Victory 8 x 32 T FL, rugged construction but surprisingly lightweight, if you don't want to stretch that little bit further with your budget though I wouldn't even look through them as you'll only wish you'd bought them.

Be warned.

Cheers

Vandeen

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
i currently own zeiss bins and use them first light and on dark and through the night i like them very much but i owned a pair of minox before these and i was very impressed indeed they had a real clarity to the glass as well as the colours seemed to pop out at you the coating is really nice and gives greenery a real sharpness. the zeiss glass is very clear but looking through them the colour is as should be If i was to spend money on another pair i would probably go back to minox and the only reason i still dont have those is i left them on the roof of my car and drove off home :(. i was talked into buying zeiss as a far superior glass and i really dont think it is for my eyes , there is nothing i can say bad about them but pound for pound i think minox is really hard to beat. atb wayne

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I have several steiner 8x30 bins, the fav ones at the minute are my predator pro. The green lens coating is good for wildlife watching. They aren't in the same price range as some of the ones mentioned in earlier posts but i think they are good solid optics and i think good value for money.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Would agree with Barn Owl that when it comes to top end glass Swarovski will take some beating, but the Swarovski-Leica debate will continue.
EL 8X32 binos will come up at a 2nd hand premium now and again and people will always be prepared to pay top dollar.
Have a look at the Swaro CL Companion offering, satisfaction guaranteed and fall quite a bit under your 1K budget brand new if you shop around for the best deal, superb IMO and well worth considering.

10x30_green_cl.jpg

Jackdaw

I've tried Swarovskis but as I didn't want to ruin them I didn't end up buying them. They were great but were just too expensive to not worry about them constantly.

I ended up with a pair of 8x42 Opticron Discovery WP PC. I had been recommended their Trailmaster model but they had all come down in price and fro £120 I got hold of the next model up.

They are very clear and feel professional. I have been using them for the last 12 months and cannot recommend them highly enough. They also come with a full 10 year guarentee, which coupled with an excellent local dealer, made the decision to buy them easy.

Jack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE