Looking for my dream watch....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Flaxton

Jun 21, 2012
United Kingdom
Hello all

I'm looking for my dream watch which must include:

Waterproof ( not diving standard )
1 way rotating bezel. ( for quick timing, eg cooking, or how long ago did I order that pizza)
Tritium nite lights
An alarm which is a) loud b) lasts more than 10 seconds ( I sleep deeply)

Will probably be a digital/analogue mix.

Any ideas? Bonuses features welcome but not necessarily.

Thanks

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Luckily I got my dream watch as a pressie.
Tissot T-touch titanium. Compass, Altimeter, Barometer, Alarm, thermometer, waterproof to 30m.
Best (and longest lasting) outdoor watch I've ever owned. Not cheap.

9JAhjWPDb--U9zjmm_0LeuLFxFFOIZjAGMJduAC3wYBiBbc5FCRagj-sQs9rebIoLO9r0bWekz-JVUbNVPxujRl0nGPKDQlxJgX2ddEt06t0ce2T5TX9zUjmMK-qTY1oPQ9LqCjsdH3f8bVsA9mKrXFIQonH8Pj0ygGv1ORVq1QUO77ohHCuBzRh5P6rIpeK

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Luckily I got my dream watch as a pressie.
Tissot T-touch titanium. Compass, Altimeter, Barometer, Alarm, thermometer, waterproof to 30m.
Best (and longest lasting) outdoor watch I've ever owned. Not cheap.

9JAhjWPDb--U9zjmm_0LeuLFxFFOIZjAGMJduAC3wYBiBbc5FCRagj-sQs9rebIoLO9r0bWekz-JVUbNVPxujRl0nGPKDQlxJgX2ddEt06t0ce2T5TX9zUjmMK-qTY1oPQ9LqCjsdH3f8bVsA9mKrXFIQonH8Pj0ygGv1ORVq1QUO77ohHCuBzRh5P6rIpeK

Good taste :)

i have the same watch but with the ti strap. Unfortunatly battery has just died and its a pita to get a replacment, having to send it off to Tissot for a new one ... :(

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
How much will that cost ? Mine is still on it's original battery it just keeps on going.

Yeah mines about 2 years old now, started flashing "batt" about 3 months ago but kept on going, until it ran out. I took it back to the Jewlers i bought it from and they said that they cant do it, back to Tissot jobbie, due to the atmospehric pressure system the watch has. Has to be done in the Tissot lab so i've been told.

£50 odd they quoted me, i did contact tissot direct to see ifi could get it cheaper but i cannot remember how much that was, around the same price i think. Going to get it done very soon as i've not worn it in close to 2 months !!!!

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Good taste :)

i have the same watch but with the ti strap. Unfortunatly battery has just died and its a pita to get a replacment, having to send it off to Tissot for a new one ... :(

Mine had a battery change by local Jeweller (high end place though) but its sensors failed recently :(

It has gone to Tissot for a service which will cost £145 but that will fix the problem. Was also informed that when it's not repairable, they will replace the watch for the price of the service- apparently Tissot has excellent customer service (not what I'd heard from other sources mind you!)

Love my watch though :)

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Mine had a battery change by local Jeweller (high end place though) but its sensors failed recently :(

It has gone to Tissot for a service which will cost £145 but that will fix the problem. Was also informed that when it's not repairable, they will replace the watch for the price of the service- apparently Tissot has excellent customer service (not what I'd heard from other sources mind you!)

Love my watch though :)

Any idea why they failed?

I'm going to send mine off asap so i can start wearing it again :) Good to hear they have good CS though !

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Hello all

I'm looking for my dream watch which must include:

Waterproof ( not diving standard )
1 way rotating bezel. ( for quick timing, eg cooking, or how long ago did I order that pizza)
Tritium nite lights
An alarm which is a) loud b) lasts more than 10 seconds ( I sleep deeply)

Will probably be a digital/analogue mix.

Any ideas? Bonuses features welcome but not necessarily.

Thanks

Doesn't have all the features you list - but it is half the price of the Suunto and about a sixth of the price of teh Tissot:

Once you get past the impossibly silly name... then it's a black faced, tritium watch, delivered for under 95 sheets...

Slightly less too if you buy from here: http://www.amazon.co.uk EDIT: link changed due to new information below

EDIT: If your budget is a little higher, there's a British company well worth a look:

http://www.nitewatches.co.uk/shop/

A friend as one of their older models, a GX10, which is simply superb... excellent value by the looks of their price list too.

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Any idea why they failed?

I'm going to send mine off asap so i can start wearing it again :) Good to hear they have good CS though !

Might have had something to do with the fact I wore it over my dry suit whilst assisting in the rescuing of 10 beached beaches pilot whales last month! Sand and gunk everywhere! ( left in such a hurry I just threw everything in the car and forgot to leave it behind!

KP

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Just a contrary view. I have had a Suunto Core, various Casio watch/altimeter combos and other quartz watches such as CWC. After changing the battery, with the proper battery and gasket kit, my Core let water in even when on a rainy walk, let alone when out canoeing. After a few years the Casios just stopped working. The digital altimeter and compass features were never reliable enough to depend on. This is always the problem for me with quartz watches.

I would suggest looking at a reasonable Japanese automatic diver (and using your phone as an alarm). They never need the back off, they are truly waterproof and stay that way, they have a one-way bezel, very good lume, and they have way more personality. The best there is IMHO is a Seiko Monster, although an Orient Ray will do a similar job. They are easily in your price range.

img_1860bealsq5.jpg

Last edited:

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Funny you should say that, my back up watch is the Seiko Black Monster and now I'm wearing it again, I'd forgotten how nice a watch it is!

KP

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
A word of warning - langtoninfo are rip off merchants. They hoLd no stock. They basically have some software which is a front to amazon.com and amazon.co.uk. They order on your behalf and then post it on. No CS at all.

If you find it on langtoninfo, just search on amazon.com - you will probably find it there for less.

http://www.amazon.com/Uzi-Defender-Rubber-Strap-Tritium/dp/B000TCQH0Q

Thanks aris - I've edited the link in my original post above.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE