Looking for a Victorinox Mauser

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
If you follow the link in my signature there is a chap there selling them. I warn you they aren't cheap as they are quite sought after.

Dave

OhCanada

Forager
Feb 26, 2005
Eastern Canada
Mauser? Is this a model or a German Army knife the swiss made for them?

I remember the Germans having a green plastic handled swiss-style knife.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I used to have one. Badged Mauser but victorinox stamped on the blade. I think Survival Aids used to sell them. I lost it years back - perhaps demonstrates that red handles are better than green!

miniac

Forager
Sep 1, 2005
Rainham, Essex, UK
Hi guys, I still have a mauser and use it when I can, scout camps and stuff. :) Great little knife. I bought it out of a free equipment catolgue that came with "combat and survival" magazine in the late 80's. Paid, if I can remember, :confused: bout £15 got a olive green belt sheath with it aswell. Must admit it could do with a proper clean and a sharpen up. Have you tried finding one on ebay?

miniac

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
I went to a show over here last month, and one of the vendors had a bushel-sized tub of them -- some Victorinox, some by other makers. Condition ranged from excellent to "experienced" but fully functional. They were $10.00 each.
(To be clear, these had green plastic scales and long spear blade, saw/can-opener/srew-driver, awl, and cork-screw.) He said the price was going to rise "some" in the near future.

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
How about a Farmer? It has the "beefed up" blades. It is a Victorinox Soldier, the Swiss Army's issue knife, with the addition of a saw.

The Mauser is available, although not cheap at $79.50..
Sosak Mauser..

Moose

Feb 20, 2005
Torquay
The guy on Sosak also sells the Victorinox Safari/Trooper. Basically exactly the same as a Mauser, minus the 'extra' Mauser clip point blade. !!Half the price!! ;) The Alox Farmer is also an excellent cheaper, though slightly smaller alternative.

CanRanger

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2004
Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Thanks guys you have been a big help I have often thought about the farmer and would probably get it in addition to the Mauser.

I will be loosing myself n the swiss sites thats for sure.

Thanks again

Abe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE