Looking for a sheath maker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
After much deliberation, and many thoughts cast as to whther I would have the time to make a sheath myself. I have decided to help myself and somebody else out.

I'm looking for someone to make a sheath for my soon to arrive churi knife. I'm probably going to receive the knife in 14 days or so, which means there is no rush in finding the right person.

I dont want anything major, just a sheath I can hang on my belt, that will cover most of the handle too. And also provide a holder for a fire rod. I dont care on the colour, but want one that will last years (as it will be cared for)

Any offers, PM me,
Or does anyone know of any workshops in Northwest England, over weekends?

Cheers folks,

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'd agree that Lawrence (Rapidboy) is a good bet - he made a face cover for an axe for me - lovely work. Also try Tiffers who does great things - but not for a couple of weeks as she is very busy right now (on my stuff ;) ) :)

Red

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
And his (rapidboy) communication was fantastic. He nearly made a sheath for me but I realised that the knife I was buying came with one.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
[QUOTE Or does anyone know of any workshops in Northwest England, over weekends?[/QUOTE]

Try this link for a good list of "workshops" etc.
http://www.theleatherconnection.com/id31.htm
The man to be trained by, if at all possible, is a "Mr. Peter Wall". What he doesn't know about leatherwork construction is probably not worth knowing. Unfortunately though he operates from Suffolk.

Cheers

Tiffers

Mar 10, 2006
Wiltshire
British Red said:
I'd agree that Lawrence (Rapidboy) is a good bet - he made a face cover for an axe for me - lovely work. Also try Tiffers who does great things - but not for a couple of weeks as she is very busy right now (on my stuff ;) ) :)

Red

How very right you are ;)

Tiffers

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No time to type Tiffers,

Cut, mark groove, awl, stich, wax, and definitely pault , but time off for typing :confused: ;)

:beerchug: :p :p :red: :red: :red: :red: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :cool: :cool:

not that I'm in any way imaptient for your lovely work! :lmao:

leon-1

That's a nice offer, but first and foremost those people will require certain things, one will be the grade of leather (they can advise if they know the size of the tool they will be looking at), another will be location it is likely to be used in, there are even a number of other things to do with the amount of usage that may come in handy (time, enviroment and usage will give a good idea as to the best materials to use).

For a good fitting sheath people will need to know the depth of the blade at it's deepest, its width and length. Add to that the largest diameter that you will require the handle (length, width and depth) and they will be able to work out what you need.

Personally I would only make a sheath with the knife in hand as it gives me all the measurements that I require and I can make either wetformed or friction fit if I have the tool there.

All thr best in your search,

Leon.

Tiffers

Mar 10, 2006
Wiltshire
British Red said:
No time to type Tiffers,

Cut, mark groove, awl, stich, wax, and definitely pault , but time off for typing :confused: ;)

:beerchug: :p :p :red: :red: :red: :red: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :cool: :cool:

not that I'm in any way imaptient for your lovely work! :lmao:

A case of a dodgy tummy combined with a workshop with no bathroom facilities resulted in me being confined to barracks yesterday but today I shall go and play :D

Tiffers

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
So go Tiffers....

Fly like the wind

Practice your craft

Create

Dazzle us with your skill :35:

Someone help me here

:slap:

Thanks

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE