Look what the missus forced me to buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
This month is my wife and I's 10 year wedding anniversary. For her I carved an ugly (but heartfelt ;)) little wooden cup, which unless she is a much better liar than I thought she seems delighted with.

She's been wanting to get me some good boots for ages, but I keep saying no since a decent set is so expensive. This month she finally put her foot down and insisted I bought these:

DSCF6502.jpg

A set of Alt-Berg Tethera boots. They're just a little bit of a step up from my old £15 Hi-Tec boots that leaked :lmao:

Having properly sized them for the larger of my two feet, the left one is mind bogglingly comfortable already. The right one is just a touch loose but I'm confident that will settle down once they are broken in, especially when I am wearing walking socks. My right foot is a half size smaller than my left.

I've never owned boots the correct width fitting before (extra wide). Normally I buy boots a half size too big to accommodate my massively wide feet.

Can't wait to take them out in the hills.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Forced!! yeh right:lmao: i bet you put a right struggle up....

congrats on the forthcoming 10 years mate...:)

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I was sceptical whether the leather would be able to mould enough to accommodate a half size difference between my feet. I assumed I would have to wear a trainer sock on my right foot only.

But my goodness - after several days of wearing them they are starting to break in nicely. The leather is conforming even to my smaller right foot. If it keeps going this way I doubt I'll need any extra padding at all....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE