Longbow review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
The pistol I am wearing is a Makarov 9mm. It is common here for archers to wear a pistol while hunting in case a wounded prey has to be dispatched to be humane and for personal security. Police can be hours away. I usually carry a handgun anyway (yes i have a legal permit to do so) but I wanted to be sure it would not affect my archery. The Makarov is not light for its power so revolver may be preferable.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Great video. Archery is about the enjoyment of archery not to please others and what they think. Same when it comes to what you use be it long,short, recurve or any of the other makes if bows out there, as long as it makes you happy and want to pull that string back then good for you.
The arrows may be a little long but the end of your quiver is small and hard so that doesn't help when pulling them out. You could do like H.H. did and push the quiver up with your bow hand as you take them out.

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
Great video. Archery is about the enjoyment of archery not to please others and what they think. Same when it comes to what you use be it long,short, recurve or any of the other makes if bows out there, as long as it makes you happy and want to pull that string back then good for you.
The arrows may be a little long but the end of your quiver is small and hard so that doesn't help when pulling them out. You could do like H.H. did and push the quiver up with your bow hand as you take them out.

Thank you. Good advice.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice to see someone taking up the sport.
One good tip is a small bucket or cardboard box filled with sand, then just stick your arrows in it ;) Saves on constantly putting them in the quiver and they stand up great.

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
Nice to see someone taking up the sport.
One good tip is a small bucket or cardboard box filled with sand, then just stick your arrows in it ;) Saves on constantly putting them in the quiver and they stand up great.

That is a great idea. Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE