Lone Wolf T-2 ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
I've been bit again........my list is getting longer with no end in sight. I need to get opinions from people in other parts of the world. I fell in love with this knife over a month ago for some reason and just feel like I have to try to get one sometime (I really need it :roll: ).
Don't really know why unless its the camo handles and flat grind blade. I know, I could find plenty of camo handles easily, and the S30V is readily available anywhere now. But there is something about this knife that REALLY gets me. You look at it and tell me if there is anything about this knife that just gets your heart pumping really fast. And it appears to be really made well, tough enough to do most anything ? Can you imagine yourself walking around in the bush with this beauty clipped to your pants ? :roll: Opinions please, thanks.

http://www.youwantit2.com/LONEWOLFHARSEYTT2CAMO.html

Robbie Roberson :wink:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
YUCK!!!

Ok, I should probably explain that... it's not my taste at all, that's not saying it isn't nice but I wouldn't own it.

If I was spending $160 dollars I know where it would go and it's not on a desert camo folder :wink:

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
Squidders, I'm with you on this one. But how about this 5" beaut as a small EDC from Benchmade for £110 as an alternative to a folder? :Activator

Dave Farrant

Forager
Apr 16, 2003
Lancashire
I would need to look at one to know if it was any good for my needs. Which are limited at the moment.

Otherwise I'm not sure camoflage is a good idea for a knife. What if you drop it? :rolmao:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Robbie, you are asking the wrong crowd :rolmao: There are very very few people on here who like tactical type folders anyway, and that does look very militaristic.

I like the blade shape well enough, and the handle shape doesn't look bad, but I would want to hold one, hard, before parting with my money. I have handled the bigger version of that knife and that was a real handful. Didn't like it, mostly because of the size. The problem with most tough folders that I have handled, is that they are designed to be up to heavy cutting, but the handles aren't ergonomic enough not to bite you back when you are tempted to try it.

I would say that the camo handle is definitely to be avoided though. That's just asking to get lost in the autumn leaves! Anyway, I have never seen the need to camo something that lives inside a pocket :eek:):

Don't be put off by the folks here. If you like it, get to handle one, still like it, go get one and tell us how it is :biggthump

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Robbie, I think most of these guys are worried that if they lay it down on the ground, they won't find it again. :wink:

My personal favorites for a big outdoor folder are 1) the Benchmade/Doug Ritter/Mel Pardue RSK and 2) The Benchmade 721. The RSK especially with it's wide blade and thin flat grind will handle all those little carving tasks you need, not to mention I have hammered on it quite a bit with a baton and not only did it it NOT affect the lock, handle or blade play, but the S30V blade held a great edge. Over the years, I've been very impressed with Benchmade's heat treat of their blades.

The BM 721 has the more comfy handle though, imo.

I do like the blade design on the Harsey but the handle does not look all than comfy for camp chores. Too many notches for me. More of a "tactical" design than an outdoors design. Also, I much prefer an axis lock to just about any other lock but generally I'm not fond of liner locks although I know they are a lot tougher than they used to be. However, you have to wonder why companies like Columbia River put extra backup locking mechanisms on many of their liner locks, eh?

Robbie Roberson

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Tennessee, U.S.A.
Tawhawk, thanks for the heads up, thats a great deal ! Why Camo ? I really don't know, it's just been a color I really like. I got in the habit of wearing hunter type camo pants/shirt around the house (outside) years ago because I like the big pockets (2 sets) that come with the pants. I just like camo knives I guess because they seem to blend well with my clothes. :roll:
I know it sounds kind of silly but I wear these type clothes for comfort first. I also wear a camo hat ............. :roll:
I live in the woods near a pond, and there are plenty of animals always roming around, they rarely notice me it seems, which gives me a good chance to notice them. (no, I don't talk to them.......much. :roll: )

Robbie Roberson :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE