London riots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Just heard the prime minister is back from his hols and had the COBRA meeting this morning, his action is to schedule a debate for thursday, pretty sure thatll stop them! Seriously though theyre saying theres kids as young as 10 looting and the majority are aged between 14 and 20, when I was 14 I used to play football, ride my bike and mess about in the woods, never even thought about rioting. Whats going on with the youth of today, I realise its a minority out there doing the damage. Had a few mini riots in my town and a few surrounding last night so its getting close to home.

I dont even know what started this all off, been on hols and only heard about it last night! My thoughts go out to all stuck in the middle of this and their families and friends.

Something needs to be done to stop it, the police are outnumbered so send in the army.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
14 to 20 you say? When I was that age we did stupid things. Heck! We used to mess around with gunpowder and home made fireworks. We all had an arsonist experience in us and I know from the older generations in my family they all did something similar. This is just the extreme end and is all about mob culture. I know older guys here at work who say you had a problem with someone "in their day" and you fought. It got sorted out between the two of you there and then. Now they say if there is a problem with two guys their mates get stuck in too. Quite often its a few onto one, mob handed. I think its all like that now in extreme. People now act more as a mob or a gang than off their own bat so to speak. If you hang around in a gang or group you act in a group and your get the peer pressure and the egging each other on.

Also a bit of vandalism in my day was a just about a bit of fun when you were bored. It happened then and I was from a nice middle class area going to a good independent school but we still trashed stuff. It wasn't about being hard done to or having no stake in society it was about fun at the time. About getting away with it. I think people are seeing the Tottenham rioters and later ones too getting away with it so they try. When it works they try some more. Keep pushing until someone pushes back harder. Perhaps some on here are right. We need someone to push back harder. Afterall if you have consequences beyond what you can accept then you change your behaviour or get hurt or locked up!! Time for a bit of police brutality I think!! That's a tasteless joke and I don't really mean it BTW.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I can see another bank holiday coming up, 1981 riot anniversary, free shopping and frustration relief day

I live in Everton so we're free of riots here, nice park at the top of our street to laze away our time, might see some smoke across the city from our vantage point. :)

Evoparkview.jpg

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I'm just looking at a woman on the news, jumping out of a window into the arms of people below, it's sickening they will get away with all this, I'd go so far as to ask, is some of this classed as attempted murder? they know full well these flats are occupied.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
We could see the increase in the looting sorry buying of blackberry phones which allegedly being used to organize the unrest as the messaging is encrypted.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Just a bunch of opportunists, happened in the Handsworth riots years ago, starts off as a mass moan then the shopping lists were drawn up. Shut down the phone networks for a few hours and deploy water cannons, tear gas and rubber bullets, use them and stop this crap now.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Revoke their citizenship.
Gather them together put them on a boat and take them out into International waters. Never let them back into this country again.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
But before they go get them to sell me a new TV and laptop. Perhaps its time the rioting spread to Preston so I can get me a new TV as well. Think I'll start reading reviews so I know which one is best to pick up.

Anyone hear about that lass who was among the rioters who looted a currys or one of those electrical shops. Turns out she was wearing the uniform of the shop being looted when she helped loot it!! She'll get caught for sure. Could claim she was giving good customer service by advising which products would best suit the looters needs!!

Anyway, it'll all get sorted now. Dave, Nick, Ed and Boris are back in town. The boys are back in town so it'll clear up soon!!

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
People riot because rioting is fun. When it stops being fun, ie rubber buckshot, teargas, well aimed batons, water cannons, they tend to go home. There is no polite way to quell a riot and as long as it is not put down more people on the sidelines will be encouraged to join in.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
People riot because rioting is fun. When it stops being fun, ie rubber buckshot, teargas, well aimed batons, water cannons, they tend to go home. There is no polite way to quell a riot and as long as it is not put down more people on the sidelines will be encouraged to join in.

Pict, you will then have the do-gooders on the case stating their human rights to riot are being abused. :)

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
Never said everyone was equal. I said they all have an equal chance. Some are smarter that's all.

As much as I wish that was true it just isn't. There is a huge social devide in the UK between those who have and those who don't. Social mobility is at an all time low in the UK and realistically at present there is little hope or future for most of these people.

They are still scum in my opinion and deserve shooting with a rubber bullet if they riot but we do not have equality of oppurtunity in the UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE