Log Cabin in Mid-Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
Thought people might be interested in seeing some more shots of the Log cabin I built over the Autumn of last year. It's a full scribed cabin meaning that each log is carved to fit precisely to the contours of the one beneath it. It was built of larch and more logs from the same batch were milled for the rafters, floor joists and front door. It's my idea of a comfortable, natural shelter in the woods. One day I'll have my own woodland with one of these in it. (there's no law against dreaming.....yet) :) It is completely finished now but these are the most up to date pics I've got at the moment

Hope you like it

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

This one is from a couple of years ago

whitlandcabin.jpg

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
On and off about six months, mainly because we built in one place then had to dismantle it and rebuild on site shown (and the weather here was appalling last year). In ideal conditions something like this should take about six weeks if you have 2 or 3 people who know what they doing,

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Those are fantastic! I have a life long dream of building one myself some time. Have you read Cal Rutstrums 'Wilderness Cabin' - its an excellent book for the cabin admirer! :)

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
I like the cabin. Your a man after my own heart, I would love to have my own woodland with a log cabin on it's grounds. Where did you get the design from? A usefull book for the cabin builder is "Shelter, Shacks and Shanties" by D.C. Beard.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
One day I'll have my own woodland with one of these in it. (there's no law against dreaming.....yet) :)

OR you could build on a biggish site THEN plant a new woodland around it? For your children and grandchildren to inherit?
I bet you get a fantastic view from the porch veranda do you have a photo of that. I'd be worried in case I was sat enjoying the view, had supped one too many of whatever is your local brew, stood up and propmtly fell off and away down the slope :lmao: You could almost bungey junp off of there :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE