Lk 70...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
Well, I've been just about surviving with an LK 35 humming stuff into the woods for day camps with my kids. I really do enjoy the LK 35 but throw in a billy can to cook some bread, a massive tarp, Kelly kettle, some straps for the kids to play on like slacklines, food, couple of sieves to make popcorn... you get the picture...
I need more space, not too fussed about weight as it's only short walks and canvas near the fire reassured me that it'll survive longer. Just can't find one online. Military Mart lists them but out of stock.
Anyone else spotted any? Fallen out of love with theirs? Think of a comparable alternative?
Thanks in advance,
Chris.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Be aware that there are older canvas and newer not really canvas packs ;) . The newer version also has rubberised straps instead of leather ones.

(Had an older version but sold it on when I picked up my current pack ;) )

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
Be aware that there are older canvas and newer not really canvas packs ;) . The newer version also has rubberised straps instead of leather ones.

(Had an older version but sold it on when I picked up my current pack ;) )
Ah, I thought there was just cordura or canvas with a bit of rubber. Well now I know which ones I'll find first! Thanks Decorum :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I thought there was just cordura or canvas with a bit of rubber.

You've got it ~ I was just making sure that you knew ;) (And if you find someone with stock remember to ask which one they have; stockists have been known to show/illustrate the canvas and then send the cordura ;) :( )

... If you really want something vintage/retro ... there was a civilian version ... happy searching :evilangel: :mosquitos::pokenest:

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
Or you could really make life tough on yourself and try to find a medics LK35

great pack and i was fortunate enough to be able to get a friend in sweden buy and post me one but hen's teeth encrusted with diamonds found in rocking horse poop are easier to find

Wasn't able to find any LK70s, but I did find the medic version (SJ-35L):
http://www.surpluss.se/webshop/sv-militart-overskott/ryggsackar-vaskor1

No info about availability, tho
No affiliation etc

Greger

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
I've recently added a pair of pouches to the sides of my LK35 and added webbing to the rear to allow pouches to be added. Makes a big difference as I can now get everything I need in easily :)
I'll post some pics up in a separate thread.

Dr Toerag

Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham
I saw someone strap a PLCE side pouch to the an LK35, the straps top and bottom can thread through the buckles on the pouches, so you could add 20L to the pouch with no sewing.
Found it! It was on mack tighwad's YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqFvmJJi6g0
plce.jpg

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
Gaaahhhhh! Didn't bother looking for the medic pack as I thought they had all dried up...
Had thought about adding pockets to the 35, realised I wouldn't really know where to start, my sewing leaves something to be desired, and then I wouldn't have an LK35 any more! Webbing and detachable pouches might work, but not for me I suspect.
Thanks all for your googling and ideas, you haven't made it any easier, but more to think about is always good :)

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Try Military Mart, up in Ormskirk, they have the Swedish Mountain Pack, which is very similar to the LK70 for £22.50, it has the two side pouches on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE