Linen thread clear out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Next offerings :)

First up are 50g reels of unbleached linen thread. That means it's a soft brown / grey colour.
This thread I'm keeping a dozen reels of for my own use.
It really is that good :approve:
I imported the boxes from East Germany. The quality is superb, but their packaging left a lot to be desired. It spills off the reels at first (it settles down nicely once the reel is used about 2mm all over), so I pack them in small zip bags and recommend that folks keep them in those with just the end of the thread coming through the closure at first. No mess, no fuss, no tangles.
For re-enactors I made small linen bags to keep theirs in.

This thread is ideal for hand sewing. It will work on a sewing machine if you can adjust the bottom tension.
It is good for fine leather (can be doubled up for heavy) canvas, wool, cotton, webbing. If you only carry one reel in your hussif, this is the one.
I have used if to make fine, fine nets, for repairing heavy tarps, sewing on D ring tabs, buttonholing around eyelets to secure them, sewing woollen bushshirts, sewing linen shirts, padded achetons and gambesons, arming caps and a heavy linen jackets. I even used it to make cowrie shell jewellery :)

£6 a reel, paid by paypal as payment for goods, posted to you.
If you want a little linen bag instead of the plastic, add on a pound.
It's just on the verge of not going through my letter box, so consider that when you are arranging delivery.

I'll get some photos up later, it's pouring here just now.

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry for the delay; I finally got the photos sorted out.

There are three different threads for sale.

The unbleached linen @ £6
2 reels of pure linen surgical suture thread @ £7.50
10 reels of pure linen no.100, 942metres @ £6.50

All three are pure linen, the latter two are Barbour Campbell, and are both a soft white colour.
The surgical suture thread is *not* sterile, please see the wee printout under the thread in the photo.

All three threads are ones I personally use. All three are excellent to sew with both by hand and by machine.

Prices include paypal fees and postage and packaging.

cheers,
Toddy

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE