Light weight, dried meals, who makes the best?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
You stew the corned dog with the pasta :)

If you don't home dry these are cheap enough
019546.jpg

Or http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buy-Whole-F...d=1385915937&sr=1-1&keywords=dried+vegetables A kilo of dried veg is a LOT of veg when rehydrated. 50g would be a good sized single portion

Lentils, split peas, butter beans are all great dried foods. Glad I spotted this thread, got me thinking about a few things.

Those dried veggies are a good mix with a bit of celeriac in (IIRC) for a nice stew. One packet of those peps a stew up nicely. The dried casserole and broth mix from supermarkets with pearl barley are also good.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
You stew the corned dog with the pasta :)

If you don't home dry these are cheap enough
019546.jpg

Or http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buy-Whole-F...d=1385915937&sr=1-1&keywords=dried+vegetables A kilo of dried veg is a LOT of veg when rehydrated. 50g would be a good sized single portion

Lentils, split peas, butter beans are all great dried foods. Glad I spotted this thread, got me thinking about a few things.

Great minds and all that rik, I have already ordered apacket for our team stews!!

C.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Dried meals? I leave it to the professionals. I find most Mountain House meals to be OK and they cook in the bag so I don't have the major hassle of washing my pots. If I'm travelling abroad carrying my gear I can't afford the gamble of having a bad homemade 'ready meal'. One bad meal is a day without food, longer if there are after effects.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Good thread, I have just ordered a excaliber 9 tray dehydrator, Beening to do it for a while. Just been pushed over the edge.

Peatbog

You'll love it, I do! BUT, having had a few different dehydrators I have always found rehydrated complete meals really disappointing! Components are great, spag bols and curries etc are pants. Anyone having success? Mine have a difficult to describe, slightly burnt unpleasant taste! HELP.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE