Lidl Stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
In Lidl today i got a great 53 piece outdoor first aid kit for £4:99 loads of useful bits n bobs in it and room to spare for any extras you might want to put in.
I also got a 10 piece karabiner set made up of 2 large,4 medium and 4 small for £6:99.
Aint Lidl brilliant!!!

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
No it's a pain in the butt. You check their website and they say they have certain stock in but when you go to look it isn't there.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I went in for two packets of scotch pies and came out with the carabiners (and the pies). I love their scotch pies, great camp food. The carabiners (stainless steel) look like they could support a hammock.

Eric

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Did you not find Kendal mint cake Eric? Or was that Aldi? Can't quite remember. but when eaten with a bit of Dark Bournville chocolate, the after eight taste you talked about is uncanny! It is just like eating a giant after eight mint! Fantastic!

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
spamel said:
Did you not find Kendal mint cake Eric? Or was that Aldi? Can't quite remember. but when eaten with a bit of Dark Bournville chocolate, the after eight taste you talked about is uncanny! It is just like eating a giant after eight mint! Fantastic!

I did an experiment. Do you know, that i can eat six bars of kendal mint cake and one big bar of bournville before I projectile vomit? Might come in handy some day.

Eric

L

lukeuk2

Zammo said:
No it's a pain in the butt. You check their website and they say they have certain stock in but when you go to look it isn't there.

one thing i found with lidls is any good item goes early in the morning, so if u wanna catch them u got to try going as soon as possible.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
twisted firestarter said:
I got there early yesterday for stainless shackles and floating rope for the canoe.
There were a couple of outdoor 'types' lurking :lmao: so best to arrive before the store opens.

That's if the managers don't 'bag' it all to sell on ebay later.

Eric

Stutoffee

Jan 23, 2006
Manchester
I had to go to 2 Lidls, but I got the FAK & pack of 8 caribiners (very strong!), too. I missed the huge toolbox for £10 last week though, & I always buy Mr Choc biscuits from there, exactly like Twixes & Mars bars.

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
been in tonight and they had a load of 2 man tents in for £9.99, so i can see tent number 5 coming on :lmao:( would make people think i have a fetish for tents :D )

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
twisted firestarter said:
There were a couple of outdoor 'types' lurking :lmao: so best to arrive before the store opens.
Aldi had 25m of blue nylon rope and two stainless shackles, 1000kg static load breaking strain for £4.99 a couple of weeks ago, I saw one guy with six reels of the stuff.
this week the same guy took 8 of their 10mm thick mats :rolleyes:

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Tadpole said:
Aldi had 25m of blue nylon rope and two stainless shackles, 1000kg static load breaking strain for £4.99 a couple of weeks ago, I saw one guy with six reels of the stuff.
this week the same guy took 8 of their 10mm thick mats :rolleyes:

Bet find them on ebay shortly after :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but I have to stick to the 'There's no such thing as cheap' adage.

Someone, somewhere (and usually the environment too) is paying for what you don't.

It transpires that workers producing the clothing for Primark do so for $8 per week (75p per day). Can Aldi afford to pay more on these prices?

Do you really need it?

I've had a few drinks and my politics are showing through, but this must be one of the few forums where the majority understand this view?

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
Dougster said:
I'm sorry to be a party pooper, but I have to stick to the 'There's no such thing as cheap' adage.

Someone, somewhere (and usually the environment too) is paying for what you don't.

It transpires that workers producing the clothing for Primark do so for $8 per week (75p per day). Can Aldi afford to pay more on these prices?

Do you really need it?

I've had a few drinks and my politics are showing through, but this must be one of the few forums where the majority understand this view?
i'm all for fair trade dude but as i say i only have a small budget and i need a tent to do in my pack as theres too much on the outside as is, but i do see your point on it, plus as i see it they will always get a crap wage as they will never reep the rewards of world trade their boses will

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
big_daddy_merc said:
been in tonight and they had a load of 2 man tents in for £9.99, so i can see tent number 5 coming on :lmao:( would make people think i have a fetish for tents :D )

On a budget fine, but more just because of the price? We're just sanctioning the system.

It has been shown that to live as we live, in the west, it will require 3 planets (or thereabouts). As a postgraduate professional earning below the national average hearing 'that's the way it is' doesn't sweeten the pill, nor would it as an Asian working in a sweat shop losing a child to malaria hearing 'interest rate bitch' from a westerner.

A quality second hand tent is a better buy for you too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE