Lidl folding saw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

waylander

May 9, 2006
Co.Durham - Consett
I searched but I couldnt see a thread for this, please delete if there allready is one. Lidl are selling a folding saw at the minue. It has a 6 1/2" blade which locks via a little trigger and the blade says HIGH CARBON STEEL BLADE 1"/7 POINT. It doesnt feel like the most solid piece of construction but at 2.99 or 3.99 I cant remeber which, its worth a try. If you want a picture posted just say and I'll have a go at it.

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
It is solid enough as a back up, and of course as a spare in the canoe :rolleyes:

I was out cutting wood with mine tonight. It got through wet branches a few inches in diameter very quickly.

D

Deleted member 4605

It was mentioned in another thread, but there's no harm in mentioning it again!

I picked up two last week and I'm very happy with them. £2.99 each I think they were. I got some of the work gloves they were selling as well.

As waylander says, they're not the most solid things but at the price they are well worth it. I used one of mine at the weekend to prune a number of branches and shorten some fence posts, both of which it managed with no difficulty.

saffy

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
UK
ALDI will have their version of the folding saw for sale for 2.99 on Sunday 11th March . It is labelled as a "Garden and Camping Saw".

Not sure if it is a dual folding blade, swappable blade or two separate saws as the blurb states "Choose from fine teeth blade for dry wood, gypsum, PVC pipe etc or medium teeth blade for fresh wood".

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Not sure if it is a dual folding blade, swappable blade or two separate saws ....[/QUOTE]

They are two different saws one for seasoned timber the other for green wood.

Both the Aldi and Lidl folding saws are great kit for the money. I have both and I can't really recommend one over the other.

SteveW

Forager
Dec 10, 2006
Launceston,Cornwall
Just a quick heads-up, these saw's are in my local lidl again at £2.99. They are not at all bad for the money, just the sort of thing you can buy to sling in the boot of the car, a boat, or just have kicking about the place. I've had one well over a year and its been fine.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I got two of the Aldi saws, one is for finer sawing the other a more rough cut. I find the finer blade works better though and a nice clean cut as well, although i have not really used them that much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE