Let's see your hunting/skinning knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
As title. :D

I am curious to see what you guys use when out hunting.

Andy

Last edited:

Roe Ring

Forager
Oct 6, 2010
N. Wales
I've just had this lovely piece made for me by Stewart Marsh in 5mm RWL34 with big leaf maple burl scales. It'll be my main stalking and bushcrafting knife; I love it :notworthy

P1010700adj_edited-1.jpg

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Here is what I use for deer, small game and furbearers...
DSCN1494.jpg

Starting at top and clockwise...
Knives of Alaska set, Cub Bear (caper), Muskrat (skinner). I use these for furbearers.
Gerber big game set, gut hook skinner, bone saw. I use for field dressing deer.
Case XX 6207 SS medium trapper. I use for small game and game birds.
Gerber Gator (older US made) fixed blade. I have in my hunting pack regardless of game pursued.

Gordy

Last edited:
posting pictures is unfortunately beyond my rather limited computer and technical skills.but that's what i use:
my main skinning knive is a small fixed blade from "BUCK KNIVES". the rubber handle is rather crappy(too soft) and as it is wearing off will be replaced with hardwood scales soon(already made several month ago but -due to travelling- not mounted yet). it has been used for rabbits, possums, hares and wallabies(have'nt hunted anything bigger yet). lives permanent on my belt with my "leatherman supertool" and my beloved "puma".
for fishing i use a fillet knive "made in china"- actually two knives turned into one: i found the knife at one fishing spot and a matching sheath shortly after on another one. not a super-quality-tool, but it works well enough for me since more then 7years and has gutted countless fish and seen quite a few miles. once i lost it, three afternnoons search unsuccesful and then: there it was, just a few m away from my pushbike...!
for "chopping up" i use sometimes a meat cleaver or a cheap pair of secateurs.and once my parang to behead a freshwater turtle(it took the bait and the hook was unremovable; releasing would have meant a slow and cruel death!!!) before cooking it (!!! in australia!!!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE