lets see your air rifles!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
hey guys,

i just thought i would start this thread as i have just bought a new BSA lightning .22
and its put me in an air rifley mood. i havent taken any pictures yet but i will edit them in when i can. i would love to see the rifles that some of you guys shoot with.

Thanks
josh

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yeesh..I have some pretty rifles...but my air rifle is a beater :D. Webley Xocet XS carbine - all scratches and dings on the woodwork from resting on fences and the like. Still does the job on rats etc. though!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
BSA Goldstar which also bares a few scars from hunting trips quite a few years ago.

It's up in the loft at the mo but I'll stick a piccie up eventually. Not much to look at as far as air rifle stocks go but it shoots straight consistently.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i just picked up my lightning today, best feeling air rifle ive ever used, set it up with a 4x32 scope, zeroed it, and took it out for a little play. it was shooting 1/2" groups at 35yrds with accupell's. also did a little test on the power (11.5 ft/lbs) and fired a shot halfway through a telephone book, upon recovering the pellet i found that it had expanded like a hollow point. i love this rifle, its light with great handling, very accurate, and packs a punch, and i love the walnut stock. i could never afford pcp's, but feel this is the best springer ive had, even though all my other .22's were smk's which broke after a month or so and were under powered.
wow this is like a reveiw, i must have caught air rifle fever!!!

Thanks
Josh

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Siberianfury,

No pics at the moment as I have trouble putting them up here, but at the moment ( and for the last few years) have a BSA Super10 Carbine in woodland cammo, with a BSA Cat-eye scope 3 - 16 mag by 50, with a snood on the front and built in paralax. Has the integral moderator, Harris bipod, adjustable butt plate, lazer aiming sight and Logun gun lamp. Three x10 magazines. A secondary red-dot sight for rat work and it's kind've surgical in it's operation.
Love it to bits and when used can keep the freezer full to bursting.

TTFN
GB.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Hi Siberianfury,

No pics at the moment as I have trouble putting them up here, but at the moment ( and for the last few years) have a BSA Super10 Carbine in woodland cammo, with a BSA Cat-eye scope 3 - 16 mag by 50, with a snood on the front and built in paralax. Has the integral moderator, Harris bipod, adjustable butt plate, lazer aiming sight and Logun gun lamp. Three x10 magazines. A secondary red-dot sight for rat work and it's kind've surgical in it's operation.

TTFN
GB.

hey goatboy

whats the laser sight like, i was thinking of getting one for my scope for shooting in barns and out buildings, how visble is the laser beam in day/night time?

thanks
Josh

i have a .22 BSA scorpion T-10 with nikko-stirling 4-16x50 scope, weihrauch silencer, and bipod (might be a harris, i dunno, but it needs fixing at the minute- a pin fell out). being a PCP, the lack of recoil means i can put all 10 shots exactly where i want them in relatively short order. i can hit a 5p coin at 15 yards even with the zeroing off slightly, but i just wish i had somewhere around hull to practise hunting so i don't feel like i'm wasting her on back yard plinking. :(

i have no pics that i can put up, not sure why, but i can't find any.

huntsmanbob

Jul 9, 2009
norwich
BSA Superten .22 Carbine with a AGS Elite 30mm Swat 4-16 *56

Picture.jpg

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi Siberianfury,

TTFN
GB.

Goatboy,
Is the freezer full to bursting with the rats???

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I can't find my disc with all my pictures on at the moment, i will though.( edit.. found them, uploading them)

Got or had since 2004

Theoben Fenman .22
Theoben Scirocco .22
Tx200 HC .22
HW97k .22
Cometa 100 .177
BSA Hornet .177
AA S410k .22
Skan Ar32 .177
Logun mk2 .177
Daystate mk3 A series (one of first 50 ever made) .22
Rapid 7 .22
Rapid S type .22
MFR .177 cs800 thumbhole stock

Various scopes from a Leupold VX3 3.5 - 10 x50 IR to a lowly hawke reflex, simmons, weaver etc and a couple of night scopes gen1 and 2.

Think thats it. I've probably forgot one or two :D I don't have a pic of all of them on this disc

2004_0409guns0002.jpg

DSCF3636.jpg

NIGHTSCOPE004.jpg

gun014.jpg

gun076.jpg

gun086.jpg

gun087.jpg

gun091.jpg

gun100.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
hey goatboy

whats the laser sight like, i was thinking of getting one for my scope for shooting in barns and out buildings, how visble is the laser beam in day/night time?

thanks
Josh

Hi Josh,

I use the laser in a few of different ways: -

*First-up, Rangefinding, it's set to meet the cross hair centre at 30yards, my usually self enforced limit for taking a shot, though the scope has paralax capabilities if you're taking more of a snap shot then it's quicker to see where the dot falls in the scope to estimate range.
* Just making sure I'm bang on, in lower light I know that where the dot is, isn't where a bunny wants to be.
* Pointing quarry out to others if the haven't seen it.

As to visibility there's no trouble seeing the dot in bright daylight out to the ranges I shoot at, though the dot becomes slightly diffused in misty conditions - though it looks extra cool then lancing out into the dusk :D

It's a red laser though I've heard that green lasers are better in daylight - but I've never used one and couldn't honestly say.

I also have a red dot sight which has adjustable brightness, though no magnification. this is grate for quick close up work like ratting or any other pest control in close cover. Have occasionally put it on pistols and airsofts for great quick reaction stuff.

Cheers
Colin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE